vitamins help

Options
jillyjelly
jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
lately I cannot swallow any vitamins because I fell sick afterward . I was wandering does anybody else have this problem and any opinions ?

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sheldon on the big bang theory told Penny that the only thing she is getting from taking multivitamins is expensive urine because your body really cant absorb them well.

thats all I know..lol
  • rickpanda
    rickpanda Posts: 2
    Options
    Look for a liquid vitamin, there are several around. You drink a measured amount every morning, they work better than a pill.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel sick when I take vitamins if I take them in the morning or on an empty stomach. Once I switched to taking my vitamins after dinner I didn't have any trouble. Maybe experiment taking them on a full stomach or a different time of day when the body is better able to process them.
  • keriann01
    keriann01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem until I tried the Rainbow Light brand (I tried a lot of brands that always made me feel sick before finding this one). I know they sell it at Target, Walmart and Amazon. I take it right before bed and never have a problem.
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I take mine right before lunch or dinner and that helps... Sometimes I take them with chocolate milk and it is thick enough that it helps as well, just more calories to factor in!
  • ErikainGA82
    ErikainGA82 Posts: 11
    Options
    Each person is different, so in finding what worked for me, I found that, one: I get sick with vitamins in the pill form, and it's tricky to not get sick, even if I have food on my stomach, and secondly: I am horrible at remembering to take pills. So...even though it's kind of pricy, I really enjoy the vitamin drinks like "Boost" and "Ensure", and then I also eat super healthy all day. They have several types, and some with reduced calories. Again, you have to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    thanks for all opinions - I think I am going to try to have a vitamin at dinner - I eat more and I read don't drink it with milk and I have so thanks