Being very brave..my progress so far

Options
Kalynx
Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
I posted this same thing in a group board for 300+ folks..but didnt chose to post on such a public board because I guess I'm shy and still have acceptance issues? I dunno..some of you know what I mean I'm sure. I am feeling brave tonight (ok not brave enough to post same horrible wedding picture on facebook for all my old childhood/high school friends to see)...maybe this can inspire others - I think it has inspired my MFP friends!!

This is my original post from last night:

So I was telling someone on here last night how I sometimes look at this horrible picture I have of me from when I was at my absolute heaviest when I feel like I'm not making progress. I pulled it out today and showed it to a few coworkers and they were really encouraging. It really made me feel good to see the difference myself. I wanted to share so anyone out there ever feels the same way - its a great motivation to force yourself to look at those old images you once loathed about yourself! I still hate seeing it - have a hard time beleiving that was really me! And I feel SO much better now, too. I'm not 'there' yet, and cant really exercise much for various medical reasons for now, but I'll get there!! No stopping me 'this time.'

At my heaviest maybe around 420 or possibly higher? My Mom's wedding 3.5 yrs ago.

weddingkalyn.jpg

Me and my Mom when she visited last summer - I was around 375-385 lbs from then until this past January when I started getting serious about my health.

kalynmom.jpg

Me last week at around 330

haircut.jpg

Still a long road ahead but I'm starting to really feel like what I'm doing is worth it!! GL to all my new MFP friends we can do this!

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You're doing so well!!!!

You've lost more than most people will need to, and your smile is just SHINING. Keep up the fantastic work. So proud of you!!!
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! YOU LOOK AWESOME AND YOUR DOING AN AMAZING JOB! :flowerforyou:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You're doing it!! You look awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awesome work; thanks for sharing!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Keep going! You have accomplished a lot already and it is evident in your smile. Be proud of yourself for every single pound you lose. It is hard work but you are doing a great job!! I am proud of you!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You are doing great! Keep up the hard work!
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Thank you so much for sharing. :-)
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I must applaud you not only on your amazing weight-loss, but also on your ability to face this issue head-on and by showing your experiences so far to the public! You ARE being extremely brave and I think it will help you so much with your journey.

Keep it up! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference from your heaviest to now ... great job ... you must feel awesome!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing amout of weight to have lost already great job. What an inspiration keep up the good work :)
  • Kalynx
    Options
    thanks everybody, such nice words sincerely brings tears to my eyes.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! You've come so far and it really shows in the pictures! Keep it going girlie! :bigsmile:
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed. Be ecstatic and self confident!
    Look at how far you have come! Almost 100 pounds gone. I applaud you!
  • kgeldreich
    kgeldreich Posts: 73
    Options
    Fantastic progress! The pride you are taking in yourself and effort put in shows :)
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Speechless! You are awesome! Looking so much better! Keep up the good work! I would love to see you post these again with a new one in a few months!
  • HFD68
    HFD68 Posts: 16
    Options
    WOW!!!! I dont even know you and I am so proud of you!!!!:happy:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!! I'm so glad you posted this, what an inspiration for me to keep going! :)
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thanks for sharing. You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • Kalynx
    Options
    seriously, tears of joy here - thanks everybody. and believe me..if i can make changes and stick with it, anyone can.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so inspiring!!! You should be SO proud of yourself. You have chosen to do this the right way, the healthy way and it sometimes is the hard way, but you are making great strides. Please keep going :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!