move or born and raised?

Options
Mubb
Mubb Posts: 90
I really. Want to move to either Washington or Oregon,but might have a great job option in Texas. And I keep meeting people that say they were born here and they will die here. That just seems so weird to me. I was born in FL, grew up in ,Nebraska, Iowa, Vegas,and Colorado, moved to Florida, moved to North Carolina, and now I'm ready to move agian. I can't be the only one that actually likes to move.

Replies

• foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't actually like to move...lol...but since I've been with my other half we've moved 6 times in about 15 years. Prior to that I personally moved about 8 times before the age of 13yrs - dictated by circumstances. Sooo I'm pretty used to adapting to change and settling wherever. Lol! It would be nice to move any stay somewhere for at least 5yrs...the most is 3yrs in a house. At 36yrs, I really want to settle somewhere now.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Move.

If you don't have a lot to carry (wife, kids, pets, antique furniture that's been in the family for 100 years, etc) I would pick up and go. I grew up in Hawaii, and I moved a lot after college but with family and alll - I've been in Colorado for the last 12 years. I get the itch to move every 3 years.

Enjoy!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    If you can and like to - do it. Why not. I live 7 hours from my hometown. I never thought if stat there and as soon as k could I left. I've moved a lot since then. Now, I'd kind of just like to go home again though.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I have moved at least once every year for the past four years. Actually three times last year. I live in California and have lived in Sacramento, San Luis Obispo, and San Diego. I lived in Washington last year in Port Orchard, Bremerton, and Tacoma. Honestly, I'm tired of moving even though I will have to again in the fall for my job. Some people don't have a choice when moving due to family, or they get a great opportunity, or just like a change of scenery.

It sounds like that no matter where you go you can adapt, and I personally think that's a great ability to have.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    If you don't have anything tying you down, then why not?
  • briebebe
    briebebe Posts: 21
    Options
    We've moved 5 times in 10 years and I am now back where I started. And, loving it. So....moving is great but home is the heart.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    I've never stayed in the same place for more than 2-3 years. (until now, I have been in cozy Indiana for nearly 8 years! a record!) I would love to stay here in Indiana, but that is not likely because I want to be a military doctor and that means going down to Ft. Sam Houston (I think that is in Texas?) Been to Texas before, it is OK, but nothing compared to home sweet home.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I haven't moved but I'd love to move in the future. I want to move from country to country though, I want to experience their lifestyles. I'd love to live in the US and Europe for a while.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I like to move. I hate the packing process and all that. But, I like to see what else is out there.
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    philly,pa birth-13...upstate pa 13-17...florida 17-24..california 24-26..ive been around :D..but my whole fam is orginally from phila,pa :D
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Read somewhere that 50% of Americans live within 50 miles of where they were born. Personally can't understand that. Moved multiple times as well as in three different states: Ohio, Georgia (very briefly) and now Washington just outside Seattle.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'll probably always stay in Texas. But the way I see it, it's easily the size of several small countries, so moving around within the state IS moving.

:laugh:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Born in paradise. Been here and there, across the country and to several different ones. I'm sure we'll move again, but i love it here. If you have nothing tying you down, go, explore, and stay where you are happy.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    born and raised all within 20 miles of here... it's nice. I would move, if the job / lifestyle was right, but there's two of us so it's gotta be right for both.
  • isweatglitter
    isweatglitter Posts: 134
    Options
    From CA, but I want to live in New York, Rome,Venice, Paris, Toronto, Milan or anywhere cool like that!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've been in Texas my whole life. I've traveled a lot though, and I still prefer to live in Texas.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Love to move! Can't imagine living in the same place my whole life! :D
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    The act of moving is one of my least favorite things to do in the world. I hate packing, I hate finding a new place, I hate the loading, I hate the unloading and unpacking.

That said, I have moved a few times and don't let my hate for moving stop me from doing it... My most recent move, though was from Baltimore to "home" (within 30 miles of where I was born), and we'll probably be here or a while. My
    Thinking has always been "I can always move again." I always thought that it's better to seize an opportunity rather than wonder if I missed out on something big because I didn't want to move.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I used to move all the time. Im still pretty young. But, I left my parents home when I was 14 and never went back. Lived from Minnesota and everywhere inbetween down to arizona. Been in minnesota the longest howver. After i had my son 5 yrs ago i came back to minnesota and been here since. its hard to move around when you got young children. so i decided to travel around instead of move around. if i travel to different states its still the same but i always have my home to come back too. i guess im setteld where im at.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i want to move but i just cant see myself packing up and going unless i randomly get a job elsewhere