Tony Little's Gazelle??

Options
laura27
laura27 Posts: 17 Member
Hello,

I recently inherited a gazelle from a skinny friend of mine who does not use it :tongue: I was curious if any one else has used this machine and if so how do you like it? It says ive burned alot of calories on it....but somehow i think that 15 minutes does not burn 176 calories on this thing....it doesn't even feel like a workout!!! But i still think it's fun!! lol any input would be great! Thanks all!

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Okay ... now I have to go Google a Gazelle ... I'll get back to ya
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I bought one and it did not give me that much of a workout. Compared to what I was already used to doing, anyway. I ended up selling it on Craigslist.:ohwell:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have a gazelle that I use. I do it for atleast an hour when I use it. I burn between 300-400 cals depending on how fast I go during that hour. Also if you are quite a bit heavier you burn mor cals than what it says on the display. There is a website where you can enter in your weight, how long you did the gazelle and the speed and it will tell you how many cals you burned. Let me see if I can find it and I will post it.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

Here is the site I was talking about. You enter in your weight and select the exercise. (They have a few different ones for the gazelle.) Then a chart pops up that tells you how many cals you've burned in min. increments. Hope this helps!! :bigsmile:
  • morgie215
    morgie215 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have had a gazelle for about years. When I use it it is very good. I have found that it works really well at toning my ab area (better than a tread mill)! When I do use it consistently people notice my mid section looking better within 2-3 weeks! My sister in law lost over 40 pounds in a little less than a year using her gazelle for about 1-2 hours a day. My problem is that I don't use it enough at home! I always have an excuse so the gym works better for me ~ BUT any exercise that you do consistently is great (and a heck of a lot better than not doing anything) so if you think it is fun and use it regularly you will see results!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I have one too!

Like another poster wrote, it's not much of a workout for me because it doesn't have any resistance like you can set with an eliptical. However, the faster/longer you go the more you burn... with my HRM it showed about 300 calories in 45 minutes... It's great for having something at home that doesn't take up alot of room.

Enjoy it!
  • laura27
    laura27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your posts!! I was just curious because it didnt feel like i was working out....i mean i worked up a sweat but it just seemed to easy!!! It is lovely however for the quietness of the machine so i can watch my shows while doing it!!! thats the best! Nice to know it actually is some form of exercise that isnt hard on the body at all....although i do feel it today in my legs and chest area.....so it must be working something!!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I recently inherited a gazelle from a skinny friend of mine who does not use it :tongue: I was curious if any one else has used this machine and if so how do you like it? It says ive burned alot of calories on it....but somehow i think that 15 minutes does not burn 176 calories on this thing....it doesn't even feel like a workout!!! But i still think it's fun!! lol any input would be great! Thanks all!

Laura...I have one and love it. However, if it says that you burned that much, then likely the batteries need to be changed in the computer. You can tell that it needs to be done when the speed you're going seems very slow for the effort you're putting in or when the calories are off the charts. A HRM is the best for measuring cals burned.

Good luck.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I used to have a gazelle, and I loved it. I had to get rid of it because they take up so much friggin space. I miss it though. :)
  • Lawanna55
    Lawanna55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

This website tells you how many calories for different activities, including gazelle.
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a gazelle as well and it tells me I burn about 9 cals per minute... Mind you, you can't enter your weight and age like on ftaburn.com (which I have come to trust more than my gazelle display). Somehow I think that, at 120 pounds, I more likely burn 300 cals in an hour than 600. :p But I see it as more of a toning machine rather than hard-core cardio, especially if you take long, fast strides!
  • DawnDead
    Options
    I was just using mine, did it for about 40 mins or so then my foot started to fall asleep, so I decided to give it a rest.
    I can feel it in my legs and my core. I decided to add something to my workouts while using it I put my arms out to the sides and spun them around, I also fist pumped both at the same time. It feels like it did something, a lot more then just holding the bars.
    I suppose only time will tell.

Also, thank so much to the ladies who posted the link to that site!
  • Ptitus123
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this as I have to use my Gazelle while healing from a shin splint flare up. Very Helpful!!!!!:happy: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • WitchyOne76
    WitchyOne76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too have the Gazelle Freestyle and I love it...which catagory do we use to log this on #MFP? :smile:
  • WitchyOne76
    WitchyOne76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I got a reply from the Tony Little Fan Page on Facebook in regards to the Calories burned...
    "WitchyOne Martinez
    Hi Tony....this question is for anyone. I just recently started using your ‪#‎TonyLittleGazelle‬ & I also use the app called My Fitness Pal...and when I log in the calories burned it nearly doubles what it shows on the Gazelle monitor...I do 30 mins and the Gazelle says, 231 & the ‪#‎MyFitnessPal‬ app says 552 calories burned. Which one of the two is true? I've been logging it as 231 calories burned. Thanks so much!
    Like · · 8 hours ago near Palm Springs

Tony Little Fan Page Hey hope I can help ! Monitors on exercise machines give approximate and app probably takes in your individual statistics which may prove to be more accurate , but I don't know app
    But burning more calories is always better for sure
    Best tony
    32 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

WitchyOne Martinez The App & the Gazelle are both great tools! Guess I'll just use what the app says, just didn't wanna give myself 'false hope' thinking I've burned 552 calories giving me a lil bit more room to have an extra snack at night...we'll find out for sure once the weight starts decreasing. To date, I've lost 55 lbs without the Gazelle, so I know adding the Gazelle to my diet and exercise I'll continue to improve the weight loss. Thanks for replying!
    about a minute ago · Like"
  • gig_99
    gig_99 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks,
    I joined fitness pal 2 weeks ago
    after being called in by doctor after yearly check up i was told my cholesterol was high and i also smoked a pack a days

since i have not touched a cigarette and lost 10lb

thanks for feedback on Gazelle

ciao
  • gig_99
    Options
    :laugh: :wink: :smile:
    Thanks,
    I joined fitness pal 2 weeks ago
    after being called in by doctor after yearly check up i was told my cholesterol was high and i also smoked a pack a days

since i have not touched a cigarette and lost 10lb

thanks for feedback on Gazelle

ciao
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MABoxall
    MABoxall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love my gazelle. I get bored doing exercise at home and hate DVDs. I can use the gazelle in front of the TV and there is no excuse not to. Also, when I fractured my ankle, it was the only thing low impact that helped ease me back into a walking routine and helped keep my weight in check. It never feels like I have worked enough when I get off but it has been a key ingredient in my weight loss. Love it!
  • donnabrannan
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I just purchased my Gazille and have just begun the journey along with myfitnesspal I look forward to reaching out for support and motivation and will provide the same if I can