Seriously, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Options
2»

Replies

• emhow
    emhow Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely understand that I don't need to lose much weight at all. But you see, I'm petite on the top and carry all my weight on my bottom half, so I look very out of proportion. So it's the fat aroud my *kitten* and legs that I want to get rid of. Definitely need to tone up! I agree with you guys that say I should try lifting.. so I think I might have a couple weeks of blitzing the weights in the gym and see if I notice a difference. Regarding how much fat I eat, I honestly didn't think I ate enough because I've heard that eating very little fat causes integestion and digestive problems! But hey I'm no expert :) In the gym I go about 40 minutes intense cardio (like cross trainer, tedmil, step up) and then 10 minutes of light weights. But yes, once again, thanks for all the comments. I will be taking them all into consideration!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely understand that I don't need to lose much weight at all. But you see, I'm petite on the top and carry all my weight on my bottom half, so I look very out of proportion. So it's the fat aroud my *kitten* and legs that I want to get rid of. Definitely need to tone up! I agree with you guys that say I should try lifting.. so I think I might have a couple weeks of blitzing the weights in the gym and see if I notice a difference. Regarding how much fat I eat, I honestly didn't think I ate enough because I've heard that eating very little fat causes integestion and digestive problems! But hey I'm no expert :) In the gym I go about 40 minutes intense cardio (like cross trainer, tedmil, step up) and then 10 minutes of light weights. But yes, once again, thanks for all the comments. I will be taking them all into consideration!

You should aim for 1g protein per lb of lean body mass, 0.3g fat per lb of total weight. If you set macros to 40c / 30p / 30f that's generally not far off.
    Re exercise, I would aim for alternate days cardio / heavy weights. Doing only high intensity cardio will just burn cals (and muscle) which will not help you look more toned.

Eta - you can't spot reduce so won't shift fat just from your lower half. I'm pear shaped too so have the same problem.
    Lowering body fat % might help, but the basic shape won't change. Work on exercises to build up your top as this will help balance out your lower half.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    OP you definitily need to look at lifting weights. Try New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglifts, or Starting Strength. I'm a lot bigger than you, but the change in my body from lifting has been insane.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    your diary seems a bit heavy on porridge ?

yeah i absolutely love porridge, but I didnt think that if i ate it twice a day would make any difference as long as i'm within my calorie limit? i've only recently startin having it twice a day though..? you think this could contribute to me not losing?

I used to eat it every day for breakfast when I was doing weightwatchers a couple of years ago - I discovered it stopped me losing weight though absolutely no idea why!!!! - maybe try a few weeks with no porridge to see if that makes a difference - I know its hard when you love a food (I Love porridge too) but if it makes a difference it's worth it and if nothing changes then you can go back to eating it.
  • emhow
    emhow Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    your diary seems a bit heavy on porridge ?

yeah i absolutely love porridge, but I didnt think that if i ate it twice a day would make any difference as long as i'm within my calorie limit? i've only recently startin having it twice a day though..? you think this could contribute to me not losing?

I used to eat it every day for breakfast when I was doing weightwatchers a couple of years ago - I discovered it stopped me losing weight though absolutely no idea why!!!! - maybe try a few weeks with no porridge to see if that makes a difference - I know its hard when you love a food (I Love porridge too) but if it makes a difference it's worth it and if nothing changes then you can go back to eating it.

I'm definitely going to have to try this. Going to be so hard. I feel like I can't function without my morning porridge! :'( thank you for the advice xxx