really???

Options
It is time to get ready for church. ugh! I have to speak with the jack *ss who called me mentally unstable and dangerous :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (I am not!!!!! I have a doctor's note to prove it <----now I feel like a child. oh well) I thought that people at church weren't supposed to be so judgmental! and this was from a guy I used to respect!! that proves that the both of us are very bad at judging the characters of others. :noway:

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Church folk are the biggest hypocrites in the world.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    When I was in Catholic school my Religion teacher said something that stuck with me til this day, and is so true.

She drew a circle, placing two "extreme" poles exactly opposite each other and placed a middle ground. She said those that sit so close to the extreme and judge others are closer to the extreme THEY'RE judging and are usually hiding something or afraid of something. That it was safer and more open to be in the middle.

Those that are ultra-religious and judge others are merely trying to deflect their own failures/shortcomings. Reply in kindness - confuses the heck out of them. :flowerforyou:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Churchgoers are not saints, they are just people like everyone else. Some my try reak hard to live their faith and sometimes come up short. Others do not sem to try very hard.

I hope this person understands how unhelpful he is.
  • eennis12
    eennis12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm not somone who goes to church regularly (work to much :() but still feel strong in my beliefs and i have found that there are people out there who seem to hide behind God like it makes it okay to be a bad person or not nice to their fellow man because they go to bible study and somehow they are better christians than you. So i don't put much stock in those types of people, now don't get me wrong there are a lot good christians that go to church and actually practice what they preach but those other ones don't listen to them they're just being hypicritcal.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Truth!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Can't you just go and avoid the jerk? Have fun with your friends and don't let him ruin your good mood.
  • okiegoalie
    okiegoalie Posts: 20
    Options
    Don't let the *kitten* get you down hon!
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you are religious and have a good relationship with God and Jesus, the best thing for you to do is let it go. I know that sounds weird and it's going to take time, but it will make your heart feel so much better. Sometimes people aren't very nice, but they'll have to deal with that. Keep on being your own beautiful self, inside and out, and they can't hurt you.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options

Truth!

isn't it hypocritical of you to generalize a group of people together? couldn't you just say some of the biggest hypocrites i know are church folk? that would indicate your experience without putting down an entire group of people whom you have never met. just some food for though. :ohwell:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I find this type of statement to be offensive. Prejudiced based on membership in a group. I agree that some are hypocrites, but one tends to notice them more because they are often loud and disrespectful. Please don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater" as there are many of us who are not like that. I believe judgment is the job of the Lord, not of ordinary people, churchgoing or not. Thank you.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Truth!

isn't it hypocritical of you to generalize a group of people together? couldn't you just say some of the biggest hypocrites i know are church folk? that would indicate your experience without putting down an entire group of people whom you have never met. just some food for though. :ohwell:

I stand by my statement. All are a bunch of hypocrites.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you are religious and have a good relationship with God and Jesus, the best thing for you to do is let it go. I know that sounds weird and it's going to take time, but it will make your heart feel so much better. Sometimes people aren't very nice, but they'll have to deal with that. Keep on being your own beautiful self, inside and out, and they can't hurt you.

^^^^ This is what we all need to practice. Beautiful answer rblauvelt7
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Go to church with your head held high and be the kind of person that you wish he would have been to you. Show him that are "the real deal" and respond differently than he expects you to.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    timremlinger, it appears we need to let this one go. the mind is already made up. Funny thing is, this poster is quoting the Bible, see below. So I can concede to a certain degree it is accurate, with one important modification. EVERYONE is a hypocrite when we judge one another.

to the original poster, i don't want your frustration to get lost in a heated debate about "church folk". I hope you went to church and got the support from other loving Christians who understand that NONE of us are perfect, we are all sinners in need of God's grace and forgiveness for our own sins. When we tear each other down with name calling and finger pointing, we are doing no one any good and I am sad that a member of your church community has been so hurtful. I too tend to take comments like his to heart and seek affirmation from supportive people when hurt this way!

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Luke 6:41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

And, no, I am not a radical. I recalled the message of these verses and had to look them up.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It is time to get ready for church. ugh! I have to speak with the jack *ss who called me mentally unstable and dangerous :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (I am not!!!!! I have a doctor's note to prove it <----now I feel like a child. oh well) I thought that people at church weren't supposed to be so judgmental! and this was from a guy I used to respect!! that proves that the both of us are very bad at judging the characters of others. :noway:

Was this supposed to be a facebook status that you by mistake put up here or...I'm sorry but I'm truly confused here.

Or are you having a bad day and wanted to rant (not saying its wrong, just confused by your post thats all). In which case...I'm sorry you have such a judgmental person at the church. However, since you're not a child (like your post suggested) then stand up to the guy and tell him to back off or find a new church. Either way, don't let him walk all over you