SUGAR & SODiUM

Options
iVE NEVER REALLY KEPT A GOOD EYE ON MY SODiUM AND SUGAR.
AND I JUST CHOSE TO DO THAT ON MY FOOD DiARY AND REALiZED. i WENT OVER ON MY SUGAR...
HMMM i WONDER HOW MANY TiMES i DiD THAT. i NEVER THOUGHT OF GOING OVER MY SUGAR OR ANYTHING IF I NEVER WENT OVER MY CALORIE INTAKE. WOW.:noway:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/OhLaceyOh

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    For me its VERY easy to go over on sugar - without even eating cakes, cookies and the like! I think MFP sugar levels are set kinda low.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    It's very normal to go over on your sugar goal! As long as you know you're not eating "bad" sugars you're good! Sugar is in fruit too....you can be over on your sugar even by just having 3 fruits depending on which fruits those are!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    For me its VERY easy to go over on sugar - without even eating cakes, cookies and the like! I think MFP sugar levels are set kinda low.

I read on a dietician website that no more than 10% of your calories should come from sugar including healthy sources. The easiest way to calculate your max is to divid your total calories by 10 to give you the max sugar calories. Divide your max sugar calories by 4 to get your max sugar grams.

I have a really hard time staying under because I love fruit. I've gotten WAY better though.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i go over on almost all days, especially if i eat fruit