Does anyone really listen to their body?

Options
victoria4321
victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
I always see everyone saying this but do you really actually do it? When I listen to my body it says to sit on my butt and eat ice cream all day :laugh:

Replies

• temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    You essentially have to follow Dr. Lutz to be able to listen to your body.

Buy a copy of the book "LIFE WITHOUT BREAD" by Dr. Lutz. Everything will change and become clear!
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I dont really like bread anyway except when its a vehicle for bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.

Whats that book about aside from living without bread?
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my body wasn't telling me to have bread, butter and jam for lunch!
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I love bread, especially wholemeal and granary...nope, can't do without that. It's got lots of fibre = good in moderation.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I always see everyone saying this but do you really actually do it? When I listen to my body it says to sit on my butt and eat ice cream all day :laugh:

Me too but I want to eat natchos. Listening to your Body is like listening to your car, if you wait to hear something it will be costly
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    How do you make sammies without bread? :( I listen to my body about 80% of the time and usually it saying chill on the couch and eat bread.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I frequently tell mine to shut the hell up and quit whining.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't get that phrase at all. ~*Listening to my body*~ is what made me a chubster.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Life without bread? Good for you if that's what works, but it sounds like a nightmare to me! :laugh: I've lost nearly 70 pounds now with bread, and I have no intention of giving it up.

As for listening to my body, right now it's telling me it's time to go have breakfast. It's my mother's birthday and we're going to go out and have something delicious. My body agrees that this is an excellent idea, and since I have no way of knowing the stats of this meal, my body agrees that we can worry about calories and such again afterwards. :)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I can do life without an entire baguette and butter for dinner, but I am not willing to give up bread.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Any book that is telling to basically cut carbs is not a healthy book, IMO. I know it works for weight loss, but that's not all I'm after. I want healthy weight loss and trimming. Carbs are a very necessary part of out diet. I saw in another thread that you mention Gary Traub. That guy is ridiculous and has based his "theory" on a faulty study. He knows this and won't address that fact. Stay away. You can do a search here if you want to find out what people are saying about him. I also did a bunch of Google searches. It is interesting, to say the least.
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont really like bread anyway except when its a vehicle for bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.
    ... Classic
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    You essentially have to follow Dr. Lutz to be able to listen to your body.

Buy a copy of the book "LIFE WITHOUT BREAD" by Dr. Lutz. Everything will change and become clear!

I am going to check out this book and see if there is anything in that book that I don't already do.

I am intuitive eater and do listen to my body. Rest when it tells me to rest, go when it tells me to go. Feed it well and only eat when hungry.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love bread but bread doesn't love me... It makes me bloated and causes addictive behaviours so I try to avoid it!! Listening to my body would be a disaster because it just sends messages to my head to eat, eat, eat...
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't get that phrase at all. ~*Listening to my body*~ is what made me a chubster.

My thoughts exactly....because my body often says, go to the kitchen and eat something, usually I am not even hungry.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body to an extent. If it tells me I am constantly hungry I look at my eating habits to see where I am going wrong. If it tells me I am tired i evaluate my sleep and exercise routine.

If it tells me to have chocolate, I tell it to shut the hell up.

Seriously though, I am of the belief that if you are craving something it is generally your body telling you you are missing something. You my crave chocolate - it doesn't mean your body is missing chocolate, but it probably means you are missing something contained within chocolate that your body knows it gets from there.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    my body says go to sleep. my mind says nuh-uh! I don't think I really listen to my body...
  • victoria4321
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking about myself.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I listen to my body to an extent. If it tells me I am constantly hungry I look at my eating habits to see where I am going wrong. If it tells me I am tired i evaluate my sleep and exercise routine.

If it tells me to have chocolate, I tell it to shut the hell up.

Seriously though, I am of the belief that if you are craving something it is generally your body telling you you are missing something. You my crave chocolate - it doesn't mean your body is missing chocolate, but it probably means you are missing something contained within chocolate that your body knows it gets from there.
    What about the case with addictive behaviors or eating habits? I don't think an alcohol craving means I'm missing vitamin A or something lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I tried listening to my body. All it did was make funny noises.