Pizza Crust Ideas please! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I make a home made wheat crust that everyone in the family likes.

1 cup warm water
    2 teaspoons active yeast
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons salt
    3 cups whole wheat (or whole wheat white) flour

Drop 2 tsp. yeast in warm water and let it sit for a few minutes, it should look foamy on the top. Add salt and olive oil to the yeast/water mix. Pour all the wet ingredients into the flour and mix with a dough hook (if you don't have a kitchen aid, mix until it forms up and all ingredients are a big ball.) You may need to add a few tsp. of water if it's really dry. Spray a bowl with pam or olive oil and form a ball with the dough. Put dough in the bowl, cover with saran wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Roll out, pretty thin. Bake for 11 min at 500 degree's. It's super easy and so many possibilities with toppings. This recipe makes enough dough for 2 full size pizzas, with each pizza serving 8 pieces.

I just did a chicken pesto pizza last night!

We use a recipe almost exactly like this. I make mine thin crust because that's what I like, but I have no idea on the calories on it. I also have homemade whole wheat tortillas in the freezer that I use if I want a quick pizza for lunch.
  • Frayed_Ends
    Frayed_Ends Posts: 54
    Options
    Why not make tortilla pizzas? They are ~300 calories:

Tortilla Shell
    Tomato Paste
    Italian Seasoning
    Mozz Cheese
    Turkey Pepperoni

375 degrees for 6 mins in oven

Then add your favorite toppings, pineapple, peppers, tomatos, onions, etc

They are really good!

19960837_3652.jpg

*Edit: See this has been suggested, still think they're delicious! :-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    flour, water, salt, and yeast. slow rise for maximum flavor development.
  • nabauer86
    nabauer86 Posts: 39
    Options
    I made a pizza yesterday using a portabella mushroom as the crust. It was very yummy! Just flip the mushroom over, put the toppings in, and bake it in the oven :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I don't need crust. I mostly like the toppings anyway. So I use ground beef or turkey mixed with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce and put it in the bottom of a pie pan, then I put my other toppings and cheese on top of that. Tasted better than all the fake crust ideas I've ever tried.
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I just made the Clean Eating Pizza Margherita 2 slices 360 calories it was so good everyone(including 4 picky kids 8,6,4,2) in my family loved it. It was better than anything I have eaten out!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have been buying the Whole Wheat Pizza dough from Giants Food Stores. It comes in a ball of dough and I just stretch it out and put whatever toppings I want on it. This week, I am going to try pineapple and eggplant on it for a vegetarian pizza!
  • jaimemcdowell
    Options
    Bump

4618836.png