New to being vegan.. help?

Options
im once again trying the vegan thing, i was hoping you other vegans on here might have some tips for me in regards to sticking with it in the beginning, or some recipes, anything that might help me out here? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, buy whatever ready made products that make you happy. Processed fake meat or cheese, whatever. Enjoy the vegan foods so you don't feel deprived. :)

If you like to cook, check out sites like OhSheGlows or PeasandThankYou for recipes.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple helpful sites:

www.ppk.com
    www.vegweb.com
    www.vegsource.com

In essence you can google search vegan recipes and sites, there are loads of informative sites & blogs. Good Luck!
  • Jessicaarceneaux
    Jessicaarceneaux Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best thing that helped me stick to my vegan diet was research, knowing everything you can from food, receipes, and proper nutrition. The more you you know the easier it becomes especially with food.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I am not vegan but have looked into it quite a bit recently.

One suggestion, research everything! You would be surprised at what is in/on foods that you would think were vegan but aren't. One thing I recently discovered was regular apples (not organic) have a shellac on them to make them shiny that is not vegan due to what it is made of. Some things are better to buy organic if you are vegan. Some candy wouldn't be vegan for the same reasons.

Good luck with it! It's tough (I have a few friends who are vegan) in the beginning when you're getting used to different foods and discovering what is and isn't vegan.