working hard and not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think the easiest way to do it is to just eat at or slightly above BMR and letting the deficit be made up by daily activity. Then you don't have to worry about overestimating calories and all that stuff. If you give your BMR and how much you work out (how many calories you estimate burning and how you estimate (HRM or machine or MFP), we can give better advice!

Ok this is really confusing to me. I feel stupid but I think I need this broken down a little better.

BMR is the minimal amount of calories your body needs to sustain organs and brain function. It's what you'd be fed in a hospital if you were in a "coma". Eating below your BMR can be deterring your weight loss because you body is not getting enough calories to sustain organ function and start the breakdown of fat.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you want to simplify things, why not find out what the maintenance calories are for the weight you want to reach are and start eating those now. You will eventually end up at your target weight right?