tips for willpower?

Options
I seem to have let my willpower slip...I generaly do great during the day w/ my eating, but when I get home I like to snack a lot. Any tips on just getting control and motivation?

Thanks!

Replies

• junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Tell yourself if you really want to eat something, you can do it after you drink a glass of water.

Nine times out of 10 you won't want to.

Or picture the extra work-out you'll have to do to burn off what you eat, that always helps. :smile:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have a reward system, for eg I used to drink 6 cans of pepsi max per day, I knew it wasnt healthy, it was making me think I wasnt tired when i was and it was making me crave food, so I decided that I could still drink pepsi but only after I had drunk 1.5L (6 glasses) of water. Every day would start fresh, had to drink water first.Withing a week I wasnt drinking pepsi at all, didnt feel like it after all that water, have maybe had about 10 cans in the last month and a half, sugar cravings are under control and going to bed early because I am tired(healthy tired) Hope it helps!:wink:
  • Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    I have a problem with late nite snacks myself .... a few weeks ago I decided to try carrots and celery ... and its working for me ... and if I really have a sweet tooth late, I grab a Crystal Light popcic .... its about 15 calories ... tasty and healthy ... its been working for me ... hope it helps =)
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Also, I keep my fridge stocked with cucumbers-- They're one of my favorites, I dunno about you.

If I get a BAD need to snack late, I will just slice one of those up with a little sea salt, and that will usually satisfy it.

Also, popsicle brand sugar-free popsicles are 15 calories each, I keep those stocked too!
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    the water idea sounds great! I am going to try it tomorrow. :) thanks so much for the tips! I am trying to eat less ice cream, so i think the water thing will help me w/ that.