Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for suggestions for healthy snack foods

2»

Replies

• swoopdj
    swoopdj Posts: 4
    If they are available there, the Fiber One brownies are really good and only 90 calories each. Yogurt is also a good choice.
    The Fiber One Brownies sound tasty but unfortunately they are not available in Ireland. Yogurt seems to be a common reply so I will have to try this with some fruit. thanks
  • swoopdj
    swoopdj Posts: 4
    I wasn't expecting so many replies so quickly, but I'm thankful for the many suggestions as I wouldn't have thought of some of the receipes. Thank you all for the support.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    I'm trying to increase protein a bit so have been focusing on that with my snacks more than I used to. I usually have a Nature Valley Protein bar for one snack and fruit with a protein for another (apple with string cheese or almonds). I also like the Special K crackers with aa bit of cheese (laughing cow or other), Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bars, yogurt (my current fave is Dannon Oikos Greek with fruit on the bottom or I mix fruit with it). I just found some recipes for protein muffins that sound really good. Am going to try them today.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Avocados are great for adding some healthy fats and upping the calories a bit., and if you're using a lot of skimmed milk/low fat products you could swapp to less processed versions. You didn't say how many calories you think you need to add to achive your weightloss, but there's no end of advice on here - start with the eat more to weigh loss group and go from there.

I get some stuff over the internet as I live in a rural area of the UK - I like Japanese stuff and just buy a catering size) box or two or various rice crakers, nori and the like once in a while to keep the delivery charges down. They're probably not very good if you're trying to keep your sodium right down

Do you like hummus? Even if you can't buy interesting fresh versions the basic ingredients are simple to find and it's a doddle to make.

Do you live RoI or Northern? Would Graze deliver to your area?