Best shoes for Zumba?

Options
chi18
chi18 Posts: 95 Member
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations on the best sneakers to wear for Zumba. I know they sell their own, but I'd like something that I can also wear in other cardio dance classes. Right now I have a pair of adidas cross trainers. I like that they are really lightweight and the mesh fabric breathes very well so keep my feet cool. The only negative is that I feel like they just don't have enough arch support. I know there are a lot of Zumba lovers on here - have you found something lightweight, breathable, and with great arch support? Thanks!

Replies

• knucklescasey
    Options
    i have a pair of running shoes i use they are nikes not sure what kind but i hate them.. i want to try the zumba shoes though.. but im not going to lie.. lol i love love love nike air forces for zumba. they are amazing..
  • katherineutc
    Options
    I do Zumba and bought a pair of the Ryka Transition shoes, they breathe really well, let me spin on non-carpeted floors, and I really like them. Plus, they were much less expensive than the Zumba brand shoes.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I saw the ryka Transitions mentioned for Zumba on zappos, I'm glad to see they work well for someone on MFP. I'll have to look into those and the Nikes.