doesn't matter how fast, any one can do it :)

Options

Replies

• jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    527764_225835940853260_159695764133945_276307_2096458397_n.jpg

:smile:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    527764_225835940853260_159695764133945_276307_2096458397_n.jpg
    This. I'm the slowest in the pool where I swim... but my half-mile is a half-mile more than everyone who doesn't show up.
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This moto got me thru my first 5K yesterday!!
  • monmcb
    monmcb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this! I get excited to exercise for a few days , and then I don't for a week....how can I get more motivated??
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Love it! I tend to take the slow but steady approach but as long as I'm making the effort I am making my health and fitness a priority.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this! I get excited to exercise for a few days , and then I don't for a week....how can I get more motivated??

no good answer for that, i struggle with motivation to exercise as well. motivation will be different for everyone. keep at it, the more you do the more motivated you will become. good luck to you :smile:
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that. I
    will have to remember that when I don't feel like exercising.
  • scrapmor
    scrapmor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think the trick to keeping to your exercise program is to make it into a habit. Make it part of your routine. Once you do it for a few weeks it gets easier. But everyone slips up sometimes so when you "fall off the wagon", just keep trying. We're all a work in progress.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you push the couch, they will always win
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    Ran my first 5k today and this thought made me get through it. I may not have been fast (definately not fast) but I wasn't last and I wasn't at home sitting on my couch eating ice cream. It can only get better from here :smile:
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I was just like you, I'd exercise for a week, then quit for 3. I kept with this pattern until I read a book and it explained that it takes 21 days to form a habit. So I set a goal of being consistent with exercise for 21 days....and haven't looked back since.

So give yourself 21 days, within those 21 days, workout at least 5 days a week. PLAN the workouts, write them on your calendar and do not let anything get in the way.
  • fernanda78
    fernanda78 Posts: 40
    Options
    That motto goes with anything and everything. That's my train of thought..at this moment. Good job on the 5k
  • Tanyaclare
    Tanyaclare Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that is great !!

I ran my first 10miles today, last november I couln't even run 3 km so just remember that anything is possible x
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    To motivate myself to exercise I sign up for things. I started small with a 5k and I'm now training for a triathlon. I know that I have to get out and train so I'm ready for it!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    bump for a new day :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I disagree:

racing-sofa.jpg?w=780
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yes sir! :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Needed to see that this morning! Love it!