Dream job vs actual job.

Options

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am a lawyer- which was my dream job for a long time and 10 years later, I want to own a bed and breakfast. I love everything about them and every time we stay at one, I basically cross examine the owner about what it takes to start one. I think eventually we will when our kids are older.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Senior project manager for a renewable energy company.

Dream Job: Beach bum.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to be a stay at home mom, but it's not a realistic option at this time. I am a working mom, I work for Alberta Justice doing skip-tracing.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    current - house wife

soon - any job (cashier likely , fingers crossed)

dream job - pharmacy tech (maybe pharmacist) - school starts in August for tech, if I like it, I will return later to become a pharmacist
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Actual job: college admissions
    Dream job: trophy wife

Jokes. Writer.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Dream: singer
    Actual: Spanish teacher
    I have a captive audience whenever I feel like singing to an audience, so I pretty much get to do my dream job. I just don't get paid for it with anything but compliments. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dream job. There are things I would love to do, but none of them come under the title job, I don't think. I would love to be back singing opera again, but somehow do it part time so I get to see my children.

And I love being a student, as I am now. I would really like to be a historian. I love research, I love hanging around in archives, and I love getting to read and call it work. It is what I hope to do, I just have to keep on at what I am doing and be good at it. And suck up to the right people. And pursuade someone to pay me.

I would hate to be employed. I have only ever worked freelance and I like it that way.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Actual job: IT Assistant
    Dream job (after college): IT Project Manager & owning a business to help people with special needs. Or to be a stay at home mom and work from home doing IT project managery things.

Never really liked IT until I was transferred from the QA department to here, now I really enjoy it.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Dream job, Child Crisis Counselor

Actual Job, subway! haha

I'm working toward my dream job though! :)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Your posts about jobs are depressing me! I feel like a loser. I work at a fast food place 2 days a week and front desk at a hotel on weekends. My dream job would be to work with dolphins... but won't happen.

Speaking from personal experience, you can do anything you set your mind to do! All you have to do is set the goal and work toward it. You are only 21. If you want to work with dolphins it isn't too late to go back to school. Even if you have to do it between your jobs. And if you don't have the money, take out a loan.

I was 33, married, and had a 5 year old child when I decided to go back to school to get my Bachelor's degree. We were up to our ears in debt, but I took out loans and my husband watched my daughter while I took classes at night. I missed some time with my daughter but I don't think it hurt her too much. She seems to be pretty well-adjusted at 13. Has life been perfect since? No. I ended up divorced, but I love my job and I make great money doing it. :) So don't say you can't, cause you can.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Actual job (hotel guest services) is not a career....it has room for advancement but that's not what I want to do. Dream job would be interior designer (only if I owned the company) or wedding photographer (only if I owned the company.) Ha.
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    Actual job: meteorologist/parachutist (military)
    Dream job: beach bum
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    Actual job: Receptionist
    Dream job: Retired

Awesome! I was thinking the same!

Actual jobs: Medical Reception- 16 hrs/week & Supervised Access- 14 hrs/week

Dream job: social worker (or any gov job really hahaha)

Thankfully, I've applied to the school of social work. here's hoping I get in!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Clerk (data entry/customer service) at a courthouse. Dream job: housewife/stay at home mom. I do love what I do and I have great benefits and make good money so I can't complain. Only 6,383 days left until retirement! :laugh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think it would be cool to work with animals....
    actual job. US Navy
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to be an entomologist who studies vector diseases in the Congo. My real job is doing program support for a federal government agency.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dream job: Running and owning a bakery/deli - I love baking and it makes me happy

Actual job: Office worker (boo).
  • archadtz
    archadtz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: IT (Programmer/Analyst)
    Dream Job: Veterinarian or Doctor
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    (Dream Job == Actual Job == Computer Engineer) // Evaluates to true :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Computer programmer
    Dream Job: Freelance outdoor photographer or architect