Watching someone on tv eating....

Options
Does anyone out there besides me get annoyed or bothered if they are watching a tv program and the women are nibbling on a little piece of food fit for a rabbit? Even a commercial.
I've never considered myself to have an eating disorder..but maybe I do!! It's been going on for a long time, but just recently reared it's head to me. While watching one of the Housewives programs, I noticed the two ladies nibbling on their salads, when they got up to leave, half the salad was still there. I would have eaten the whole thing.
Watching the tv or someone who is dining with me NOT finish their plate doesn't send me into a tirade or anything, but I DO notice it. I don't know why it bothers me. It's NOT like I want to reach and pluck the food off their plate! Anyone else out there weird like me? ha ha ha

Replies

• EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Watching anything food related on TV annoys the crap out of me! Yeah, the women with the bite size salad and the "oh, I'm so stuffed" afterwards. Pah-leeeeeze! Then there's the opposite side of the spectrum with things like the Carl's Jr. commercials with the chicks always eating a giant burger in the sloppiest, nastiest way possible. The Kit-Kat commercials with people crunching and smacking their way through the theme song. Oh, and what was the brand of yogurt with the super model that would finish it with the spoon, lick the container clean, and then suck the container until it caved in (I know, I know...that's going to get some men's minds in the gutter, lol)?

And, it doesn't have to be TV. Sometimes, just DH and I sitting there having dinner grosses me out or annoys me. And he doesn't even do anything like smack his food, chew with his mouth open, etc.He's very proper and mannered. I just really hate even the slightest noise or movement of mastication, lol.

It's very ironic that I'm actually disgusted by pretty much all sight of food and manner of eating it yet...I'm fat, lol. I suppose that could easily place me in the weird category!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    It really annoys me when he does not finish his plate in man v food
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Just set it and forget it
  • Gianna1010
    Gianna1010 Posts: 6
    Options
    HA HA HA...yes, the yogurt thing!! How about the heavier man doing a "taste test" forgot which yogurt and he takes a little lick and exclaims..."mmm dis ish goood" like he's eating a turkey leg!! Puhleeze!!!