DIET PEPSI?

Options
2»

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat. Water actually increases your metabolism. I do crystal light, energy, or lemon water, ice tea unsweetened is good. I would start with a goal, if you have one pepsi max everyday cut it down to 3 times a week and gradually decrease from there. Hope that helps!!:smooched:

Can you direct me to the peer reviewed studies that indicate this? Especially since you're a NP, I'm surprised to hear you say this. You do realize that Crystal Light has the same sweeteners as diet pop, right?

Also, I'd like to see you back up your claim of water increasing metabolism.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    no

there are no calories in it
    drinking it will not hurt your weight loss, since weight loss is based on calorie deficit. i have 1-2 diet sodas a day
    this
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    yeah diet pop raises your insulin level just like sugar and cause you releaser insulin and store it as fat. Water actually increases your metabolism. I do crystal light, energy, or lemon water, ice tea unsweetened is good. I would start with a goal, if you have one pepsi max everyday cut it down to 3 times a week and gradually decrease from there. Hope that helps!!:smooched:
    complete and utter nonsense
    And hun, you do know that Crystal light and diet pepsi conteins the same stuff? Just ...like, without the bubbles?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No. You lose weight from a calorie deficit. There are no calories and therefore it does not count against that.

Every reputable site says it is fine to drink diet soda. Check Mayo clinic, check Weight Watchers. All say they are fine.

Soda is made from water. That is all it is. Flavored water.