What's your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 55... My husband's resting heart rate is nearly 100, which runs in his father's side of the family.

When I was in the hospital post ankle surgery, my heart rate was nearly 200. It was epic - they thought I was going to stroke.
  • realwombat
    realwombat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Around 50-55 in the morning after a good night sleep. Used to be around 80.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    57 and descending :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 70-80.
    My mother's is like yours however, around 55bpm I think. She's very fit.
  • ania0307
    ania0307 Posts: 49
    Options
    57 :) not bad, want to get down to 54
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    86bpm but I'm very heavy and just starting to work out
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think mine is about 66. My blood pressure is fairly low.
  • mz_moon
    mz_moon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ah so the higher the resting heart rate ... the less fit?

Mine seems to be around 90...
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    50-55!
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    50-54bpm. Used to be around 72bpm, and then I started running and working out.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    60 sitting at my desk. I haven't taken it upon awakening yet. It's lower than I would have thought, given that I'm very obese and only started exercising about a month and a half ago.

From what I've read, a better fitness measure is your recovery heart rate.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My average is 43 (which is what it was when I checked my BP this morning.) I have recorded it as low as 36. It is a condition called Bradycardia. For me, it is hereditary.

I noticed another poster commented on recovery heart rate as a better measure of fitness, I think that is correct. One way to determine it is the difference between your heart rate immediately after exercise and your heart rate one minute after you stop exercise. For that measurement, 30-39 is good. Higher is better. I just started tracking mine this way and it averages 36 after my interval training on my bike but has been as high as 45 after a 60 minute bike ride.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine was 74bpm when I first got a HRM (and I'd been living healthy for over a year then, so I have no idea what it was when I started). I got it down to 64bpm. I've been fully sedentary for the past few weeks due to illness - I kind of feel like I've lost ALL my fitness and it will be back up, but I doubt that really. I have no idea how much damage is done in two or three weeks, but I imagine it's nowhere near as horrific as it feels. :tongue:

I have a ridiculously high active heart rate, though. Most people say your heart should never get as high as mine does when I'm running, but it's not that I'm anywhere near killing myself. I'm fairly normal, until I start moving.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure this morning is 118/66, RHR is 58. For an accurate reading, it's best to check it right when you wake up. Time of day and what you did in the last 24 hours can affect it.

A cool chart for blood pressure can be found here:
    http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure.htm
  • hooraytheweird
    Options
    At 5'1, 114 pounds, and age 20, I average about 60 bpm. Of course, then it's a pain in the butt when it only gets up to about 120,130 during fairly vigorous exercise, which according to the math is at the lower end of where I should be for a decent workout.
  • mz_moon
    mz_moon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oh.. hmmm ive never tested pn waking.. maybe ill do that in the am.
  • sonny368
    sonny368 Posts: 61
    Options
    Mine between 60 and 64, pretty fair but I run 3 times per week, right now only 25 minutes!
  • nfroff
    nfroff Posts: 24
    Options
    Mine's between 50 & 55 too. I may be overweight but I guess I'm doing ok. Apparently good blood pressure too. Wonder if they go hand in hand?
  • antypim89
    antypim89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mines 69, am happy with that. I shall measure again in a few weeks and see if am fitter; )
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mine is 47 BPM.