Blenders??

Options
MommaPaz
MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
Well I wasn't sure where to post this but I need some advice! Hubby and I have gone through our share of horrible, cheap and expensive blenders, and all of them seem great at first but fail miserably further down the road. So who has a good blender? We mostly make smoothies and other drinks... so we need one that'll chop up ice and frozen fruit without too much hassle... anyone?

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I love the magic bullet...i've had it for about 3months now and i use it daily...it chops ice up in about 15secs and really easy to clean...not to mention u can blend great muffin mix/ bread mix/sauces/ grate stuff and everything else with it :laugh: oh god i sound like a telemarketer lol
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have a KitchenAid blender and LOVE it! It does EVERYTHING!!!!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Hey speaking of Appliances...anyone suggest a good juicer?
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I personally have one of these. Its the most amazing blender I have ever seen. Check out the site check out the reviews... You will NEVER have to buy a blender again.

http://www.willitblend.com/

This is the blender used. http://www.blendtec.com/TotalBlender-Black.aspx

Same one they use at starbucks. You will pay for it but its quality. Hope this helps.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    holy doodoo beans!! :noway: :noway: 400 dollars?!?! and thats 100dollars off?!?!:noway: :noway:
  • CaGinger
    Options
    holy doodoo beans!! :noway: :noway: 400 dollars?!?! and thats 100dollars off?!?!:noway: :noway:

Yeah but in 4 years its still going strong. Look at it this way... why replace blender after blender for 30 dollars a pop when you can buy one that lasts? Either way you are paying the money.

Thats just how I look at it. Quality vs. Quantity. :flowerforyou:
  • xsargex
    Options
    I'm still using the 20 dollar blender I bought from Walmart for 5 years. Yep, it still blends.
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a Breville juicer and whoamamma! that thing sucks the juice out of everything!!! The pulp is pretty much dry (its still a moist but not wet) and the only thing I suggest NOT putting in there is watermelon! That was very messy - fun, but messy! Too much water content !!!:laugh:
    I've made veggie drinks, fruit drinks, both of them mixed - its fun and tastey. You don't have to peel or core apples, you can leave the skin on anything besides citrus - I love it.
  • xsargex
    Options
    I have a Breville juicer and whoamamma! that thing sucks the juice out of everything!!! The pulp is pretty much dry (its still a moist but not wet) and the only thing I suggest NOT putting in there is watermelon! That was very messy - fun, but messy! Too much water content !!!:laugh:
    I've made veggie drinks, fruit drinks, both of them mixed - its fun and tastey. You don't have to peel or core apples, you can leave the skin on anything besides citrus - I love it.

i was searching around and kept coming across the Breville brand juicers. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours?
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    I think I paid $120 for my juicer.... I remember it being on a really, really good sale though - from Home Hardware. It really is a lot of fun to use and if you put a baggy in the 'pulp' catcher, you don't even have much for clean up!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with Oster blenders. They're the only brand that we get and I think we've bought like 2 in my lifetime.
  • xsargex
    Options
    Yeah i was looking for an efficient Juicer, as to not waste the fruit and/or veggies. I mean, a blender is a blender. But I wouldn't mind shelling some extra bones for a good juicer. Thanks for the advice.
  • CaGinger
    Options
    I'm still using the 20 dollar blender I bought from Walmart for 5 years. Yep, it still blends.

I wish this poster your luck! :heart: Do you have a brand for her or was it a generic?
  • xsargex
    Options

I wish this poster your luck! :heart: Do you have a brand for her or was it a generic?

i dunno, it says "Made in China" take that for what its worth.
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your suggestions... after looking everywhere and doing a little research I decided I wanted a vitamix... expensive yes. We were also in the market for a food processor and I wanted an Icecream maker... well this does it all. Hubby was NOT having it though. But, after looking EVERYWHERE at blenders we ended up at Sams Club where (it was meant to be) they had a demonstration for Vitamix! SO I turned my usual breakfast of yogurt, bran and fruit into icecream this morning.. Life is good!