Protein Shakes

Options
All4You
All4You Posts: 26 Member
I used to have shakes for most breakfasts (as struggle to eat first thing) and after exercise

used to have maxi milk as its ready made found it much more drinkable than the powder

but unfortunatly its rather pricey

what make does everyone else have, and when do you used them?

Ta :)

Replies

• run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    NNW from hyvee

Or

http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1724

Both are low in calories and carbs. Loaded with BCAA's and protein.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey and Casein.

I am going to start using as a morning supplement. Currently use 1 serving whey pre workout, 1 whey post workout+1 casein post workout as well.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My breakfast situation is similar to yours. I don't do shakes, however... The only time I ever did shakes is right after I had oral surgery and could do nothing else (8 teeth cut out)... None-the-less, I do meal bars quite often... And these are usually a high protein bar. Sometimes, I opt for a fiber bar instead. Sometimes, I'll eat them at other times but usually try to opt for food instead.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    EAS 100% Whey Protein (i like the chocolate. :smile: )

EDIT: Oops! forgot to include WHEN! haha! I usually have them in the evenings after workouts within 30 minutes after the workout.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    NNW from hyvee

I miss Hyvee!!!!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I use AllMax whey and Casein, the whey I'll use after workouts though sometimes I'll have a shake in the morning...The casein I'll use in the afternoon if I'm left without a meal for a few hours but typically use a scoop a few hours before bed