Falling down drunk...

Options
PinkEarthMama
PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
I know that most people have gotten smashed at least a time or two in their lives. I know that I have, though I've never fallen down.

What were you drinking?

Why were you drinking?

Did you embarrass yourself?

The drunkest I've ever gotten was New Year's Eve 6 years ago. I had recently divorced and was dating a lovely guy. We went to a comedy club and they had all night free alcohol. I didn't keep track, and the drinks came faster than I could drink them. ( Really ). I think i had 8 or 9 vodka & OJ screwdrivers in the course of two hours. THEN we went to the club.

I took my clothes off in the car apparently.... before stumbling into his room and throwing up all over all of his stuff, and passing out in his bed. The next morning, I told him I never wanted to see him again.

We've been married for 5 years now :-)

How about you?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Only once have I actually fallen down. New years eve 2010. My best friends house party. I knew I would be crashing at his house so I had at it. Fast forward a few hours and I had to go to the bathroom. Went to sit down and just kept going for what felt like days. Landed in the floor, feet everywhere, arm in the toilet. I got up and tripped on my panties. He had to come toy assistance. I was dying laughing
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    LOL, I absolutely LOVE that you ended up marrying him :)

My favorite drunk story that involved a fall...hmmm...well, I was in college and I don't have a clue what I was drinking, probably lots of prepartying with liquor and then drinking beer at the party which was up the road from my apartment. I was flirting with two guys and my roommate started trying to flirt with both of them (the nerve of her). Anyhow, I got mad at her for being in my way so I yelled at her and I ran out of the party. Somewhere between the dining area & front door I fell down, popped right back up and kept running. I was headed for my apartment and BOTH guys chased me out of the party (haha). One of them grabbed a hold of me and I kicked him in the shin with my boot heel and kept running. I ran down to my apartment, kicked over our trash can and punched the hood of my roomate's car. I dented it. Ended up spending a couple of hours walking around with the guy I didn't kick to cool down.

She and I totally were still friends after that...thankfully her car was a piece of junk. I ended up going to the hospital for x-rays and I had a boxer's fracture. The doctor was like, "Um...this injury is more typical in males..."
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options
    Not my story, but...

The GROOM at the wedding got really drunk and groped me.
    In front of the bride.

Ooops.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    haha. A few years ago I went out with a friend after work. I had forgotten that I hadn't really eaten much that day. I think all I had had was a bagel in the morning or something like that. I actually ended up running into a guy I was seeing at the time and I guess he was trying to impress me because he kept buying my friend and I drink after drink after drink! I told him that I didn't need anything else to drink but he just kept bringing more anyway! The last thing I remember is singing Don't Stop Believing very loudly and falling off of a bar stool. The next thing I know, I woke up in his bed and I was surrounded by towels! I was horrified because I figured out pretty quickly that I had thrown up all over his bed, carpet AND curtains!!! I was convinced he would never speak to me again but we actually dated for a few more months after that haha. I think that's probably my most embarrassing moment actually lol
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options
    I think I might have slunk quietly out of the house if I hadn't been so totally hung over.
  • Tamaralea88
    Tamaralea88 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok I am not proud of this

-I was very underage, (15) it was my first time drinking and it was Castillo gold. I drank half of the fifth and went to my homecoming football game. At that game I fell down at least 20 times in an hr, tried to kiss my best friend, dropped a hotdog I was eating and proceeded to cry, passed out in the back of my friends car and repeated my home address over and over again, spilled a package of oreos on my bed and lied down on them, hit my head HARD on my stereo, tried to sober up by hopping in an EXTREMELY HOT shower because I forgot to turn on the cold water, and this was all before 9 o clock lol
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    "Falling down drunk..."

Story of my life.

http://imgur.com/gallery/BnzpH
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I had just broken up with someone and had to have dinner with a guy friend that was visiting from England.

We were early for my reservation so we went to the bar next door. I slammed back a couple of GIGANTIC apple martinis. We get to the restaurant for dinner, order dinner and I excuse myself to the bathroom. As I'm waiting my turn to go into the bathroom, "apparently" I passed out and vomited all over myself, my hair, the bathroom...you get the idea. He saw my go down and rushed over and scooped me up and took me into the bathroom and rinsed vomit out of my hair, then whisked me home. After that trip, we never spoke again. We had once been very close. :frown:

I also had a small scar on my forehead for months after that!!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    At my alma mater, Texas A&M, we have a tradition that when you get your senior ring (a big deal for Aggies) you have to dunk it in a pitcher of beer and chug. The goal is to do it as fast as possible and end with your ring between your teeth. Obviously, the university does not endorse this as an official tradition. :laugh:

Anyway, I don't like beer so I thought I'd be real smart and do trashcan punch instead. I figured if I made it half water it wouldn't be so bad. Wrong. I was INSTANTANEOUSLY smashed out of my mind (my time was 2:45...pretty respectable.) And add onto that that I rarely ever drank. I knew I had to go home. My mom even came to see me do this, so she helped me get back to my apartment and monitored me to make sure I didn't die in the night...lol.

I spent the next day hugging the potty like a teddy bear and barfing literally every 5 minutes. Never again. Still can't stand the smell of Hawaiian Punch...*shudder*
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I had just broken up with someone and had to have dinner with a guy friend that was visiting from England.

We were early for my reservation so we went to the bar next door. I slammed back a couple of GIGANTIC apple martinis. We get to the restaurant for dinner, order dinner and I excuse myself to the bathroom. As I'm waiting my turn to go into the bathroom, "apparently" I passed out and vomited all over myself, my hair, the bathroom...you get the idea. He saw my go down and rushed over and scooped me up and took me into the bathroom and rinsed vomit out of my hair, then whisked me home. After that trip, we never spoke again. We had once been very close. :frown:

I also had a small scar on my forehead for months after that!!!

I'm trying not to remember, the parts that I could remember. In fact I rarely drink anymore. Been there. Done that. Almost completely lost my taste for it. Maybe once a month I try to have 1. Many times I can't finish that one. It just doesn't settle in my belly very well. They say one glass of red wine is good for its antioxidant properties. That and really dark chocolate.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever literally fallen down while I was trashed but I have been wasted a lot. The worst time ever was the last time I had Long Islands. That was my drink of choice for a while and my ex and I went out for a friends birthday. I put back 6 or 7 of them at a bar, after we had 3 or so drinks at dinner. I was so messed up, I ended up leaning out the window of the car, throwing up as we drove down the street. I don't remember but apparently I sat in the car for two hours and continuously asked for water that I spilled all over myself anyways. That led to the ex throwing my clothes in the dryer while my pants still had my phone in them. Bummer. I stayed in bed the entire next day.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Was with some friends at Chico's doing tequila shots and they have a railing that went down six steps. As we were leaving to go to a club my friend wanted to try and slide down the railing. Down she went and barely made it, so I was like "hell yea, I can do better than that". Needless to say I went down the railing and landed flat on my *kitten* in front of everyone in the restaurant. (and it was karaoke night) lmao...fun times :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever literally fallen down while I was trashed but I have been wasted a lot. The worst time ever was the last time I had Long Islands. That was my drink of choice for a while and my ex and I went out for a friends birthday. I put back 6 or 7 of them at a bar, after we had 3 or so drinks at dinner. I was so messed up, I ended up leaning out the window of the car, throwing up as we drove down the street. I don't remember but apparently I sat in the car for two hours and continuously asked for water that I spilled all over myself anyways. That led to the ex throwing my clothes in the dryer while my pants still had my phone in them. Bummer. I stayed in bed the entire next day.
    One time my brother had to drive me home in my chevy s-10. As I stuck my head out the passenger window and barfed all over the passenger side of the truck. Ta-Daah. :embarassed:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    One time my brother had to drive me home in my chevy s-10. As I stuck my head out the passenger window and barfed all over the passenger side of the truck. Ta-Daah. :embarassed:

Oh yeah, the prize the next day (other then a smash-tastic hang over) is some nice manual labor in the form of washing down the car.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump for later if i can get the nerve up oo hell here i go

i did a bartending course at the end of the course we through a big party at a farm house of one of the class mates well well i drank everything i could but mostly vodca and orange. but yeah i got talked in to eating sardins and crackers. a few hours later i was plasterd i jumped into the hot tube got back out. got into my sleeping bag and the last thing i could recall was throwing up and feeling helpless. to make a long story short i woke up in the morning no clothing on wrapped in my sleeping bag. i found my pants my shirt and that was it. i was so ashamed because i was the guy who couldn't hold his liquer. i quiet drinking after that after 4 years of abusing alcohole i quiet cold turkey i was 22 at the time