MFP better then facebook

Options
13»

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I check in on Facebook, but the bulk of my socializing is on this website. I like my friends on here better. :P

Same!! :) I find Facebook very boring now! Lol... MFP is much healthier and more motivating :happy: I do midd the 'like' button though!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Agreed!! I like mfp better...
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    agreed! i haven't had fb for a month and i don't intend on getting it back any time soon, it would leave me annoyed with some friends because of their nonstop mundane posts and other times leave me feeling down and jealous of other people's lives. the grass is always greener on the other side and i found on fb, everyone's busy showing you that one square patch that has no weeds. MFP is actually helpful and the people on here are so nice and supportive. also, eveyone generally has something in common - getting healthy!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have been on FB for years and love it: I have made some wonderful friends all over the world.Plus I also keep up with all the family happenings. FB is more a social site.

I think MFP is wonderful, gives great weight advice and incentives on weight loss and being healthy, a life style change
    ... I just don't connect the two sites at all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to meet new friends on here as well, so please hit me up :)

Cheers from Oz

This is kind of my general gist too... However, I have friends and family from all over the world. Most of which don't have food or exercise problems - so I'm wondering - if they don't do you just not give a crap about them anymore??

To me they are two very separate sites. One is for my real people - those I've worked with, travelled with, family, school friends etc and this is for the people I've (mostly) never met who happen to have a common interest with me. With FB i am the common interest in people (it's me that links us, not exercise/diet) and we have different goals and interests.

I guess it's like comparing a bag of mm's (mfp) with a bag of mixed lollies (fb).

I'll always have fb, I can't say the same about mfp. Although some of my friends here will be my friends for life, and weather that happens to be through fb or the old fashioned email, that remains to be seen.

I do think it's sad though that so many people become 'one eyed' only living and breathing mfp and forgetting other friendships. That might not be true, and just my take on it, but a healthy dose of 'it's just a website' reality can't hurt from time to time!!!
  • Reggiebieber
    Options
    See I find facebook just full of people with a negative attitude... And if ur doing something good either hate on you or put u down.. On mfp its just positive people giving people the support they want and need to help them get to there goals... Its a form of social network that's not for showing off or acting better then you are.. I do agree tho it does need notifications x
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    I love it and I am addicted to it. I spend lots more time here than on fb :) It´s nice to talk about health and fitness all day!
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I am definitely on MFP way more than facebook. I check my facebook once, maybe twice a day. I love MFP and am quite addicted to it. :P
  • katewillbethinx2
    Options
    I too deactivated my facebook 2 months ago... quite uncommon for a 24 yr old! But I feel so much better and to log into MFP 20X a day is a lot healthier IMO!!
  • mandymccoll
    mandymccoll Posts: 13
    Options
    I find this much better than Facebook, it provides motivation and information about something that is really important to me. The people on here are happy to give you the benefit of their experience and try to keep each other motivated.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I use both and Twitter and Google+!

I think they are all different and all have their seperate merits.

Facebook lets me keep up with my friends and family. Twitter lets me stalk all the people I admire and Google+ is a mixture of both of those!

MFP is brilliant and the one that I spend most of my time on! I think that is mainly because I am interested in eating healthy and keeping fit and that's all that is talked about on here (most of the time) and normally it makes for pretty interesting conversations. It's a bit like when I go in for a mass participation cycling event (cyclo sportive). There are hundreds, sometimes thousands of us, all interested in the same thing and all have the same goal. You meet some great people that way and they are so easy to talk to because you already have a common interest.

The support you receive on here is second to none, these people will support and encourage you, even though they have never met you! That's what I really like, friends that don't judge you, friends that support you no matter what. That's what a true friend does. Thank you to all my MFP peeps for supporting me along my journey, I am still here because of you! :flowerforyou:
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    I too deactivated my facebook 2 months ago... quite uncommon for a 24 yr old! But I feel so much better and to log into MFP 20X a day is a lot healthier IMO!!

Yeah, it´s 20times healthier, lol! :)
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wish this site was a little more like Facebook in that I find myself wanting to "like" people's comments and can't! :)
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi slimmers/ fitness heads

I'm new to this website does anyone else find it better then facebook. I'm in love with it... My friend told me about it. Add me as friend if you wish. I'd love to help other people reach there goal weight, and off support x

Hi, I was just telling my sister that since I joined MFP, I am rarely on FB anymore. I am more interested in the topics on MFP's messageboards and my friends' updates.I do think I am addicted and I just don't have the time to follow both attentively. LOL

BTW, feel free to add me!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I haven't even signed into Facebook in months, since I joined this site!
  • Reggiebieber
    Options
    id rather be looking on here then facebook, id rather be doing a workout than on facebook.... being on face demotivates me! how ever after iv lost the weight im sure ill be back on facebook showing off and telling everyone about MFP hahah x
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I only ever went on the computer about twice a week to check my facebook. Since I've been with MFP I'm on usually twice a day to get updates and see how everyone is doing. Terrific support. I agree about the like button. :bigsmile:
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I use both and Twitter and Google+!

I think they are all different and all have their seperate merits.

Facebook lets me keep up with my friends and family. Twitter lets me stalk all the people I admire and Google+ is a mixture of both of those!

^^^^ Like^^^^ so that's what twitter is for ;) lol