Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees has died

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
I understand those that hated the disco part of their recording career and that everyone has their own tastes in music but a generation of true musical talent is passing.
He and his brothers could actually sing,whether it was their own music or someone elses,they could do it and that is sadly being lost today it seems.
The disco era was only a part of their history.

I am a huge fan and so much of life has a Bee Gees song attached to it a part of me dies with him,something magical that will never be again.
RIP Robin.

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    RIP :(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Well, there's #3.

Adam of the Beastie Boys, Donna Summer, now Robin Gibb. All big parts of my childhood and young adulthood. :cry:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I understand those that hated the disco part of their recording career and that everyone has their own tastes in music but a generation of true musical talent is passing.
    He and his brothers could actually sing,whether it was their own music or someone elses,they could do it and that is sadly being lost today it seems.
    The disco era was only a part of their history.

I am a huge fan and so much of life has a Bee Gees song attached to it a part of me dies with him,something magical that will never be again.
    RIP Robin.

:heart: Carl.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was so sad when I heard the news earlier. :cry: I've been listening to the Bee Gees since I can remember. I've been made fun of a lot but I will always love the Bee Gees (& disco):smile:
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Was just listening to them on youtube. :frown:
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I thought he was getting better. Thats so sad.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Rest in peace Robin. :cry: