Urg

oohnee1
oohnee1 Posts: 34
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So this is my third week dieting and trying to lose weight. I'm actually proud of myself that I've stuck with it this long, because before:noway: my food cravings always got the best of me. I'm actually not even really craving all the bad food that much now. Anyways I'm feeling frustrated this week as I haven't seen any weight loss like I did in the first two weeks. I started at 151.8 and I'm now at 149. I guess I just a little encouragement that I will continue to lose.

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Are you using a tape measure to measure yourself? I find that sometimes you don't lose weight but you lose inches and that tends to be a motivator for people.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    I feel for you. I am at 147 now and the pounds come off so SLOOWWLLY. I think it's just because of our weight. It's a little discouraging because we aren't going to have the six pounds in one week like other dieters might that have more to lose. Have you measured your inches lately? I found that I lost one in my stomach and two in my hips. While I haven't really lost anything on the scale for two weeks now, I know that is what really counts. Sometimes it just takes a bit to really get kickin. You are going to be great!!!!! :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Before I fell off the wagon it took me like 2 months just to lose 5 pounds because I only had like 10 to lose. It's VERY discouraging hearing other people on here say they lost 5 pounds in a week for sure! So the tape measure became my new BFF.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    that is normal, you don't have a lot to lose, so it will be slow. but you will see yourself tighten up and may even lose a size or two without any weight loss as you work those muscles (i have seen that in myself recently). just keep on, set your expectations reasonable (you can't lose 1 lb or 1/2 lb a week because you don't have that much to lose). focus on healthy eating, working out, getting those muscles buffed and ready to party. focus on how you feel now vs. before.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I agree with everyone. This is totally normally. You don't have a lot of weight to lose which will mean it will take longer. But have faith. If you eat healthy and exercise it will come off and you will reach your goals. It just takes time, hard work and patience.
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    Thanks everyone for all the good words of encouragement. I needed to hear that. And I just got a tape measure a couple days ago, so I just started using that, and we'll see how it goes! :smile:

228288.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • uniebonzo
    uniebonzo Posts: 1 Member
    Wow, your message fits me to a T! Thank you for writing! You give me more confidence knowing there are many who have the same problem. I started with what I thought was a vengeance about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My weight then was a little over 150. Now this morning it was 148.6. I am 62 years young and was close to the top of my weight range but no over. After years of taking care of my parents who had heart disease and diabetes, plus a myriad of other problems, I decided I did not want my children to have to care for me in the same way. So although I am not overweight in the typical sense of the word, my middle is big, my knees are poor and if I gain any weight, I would be over the top. It's very difficult to lose weight when it's only about 10 pounds or so. So, let's stay in this together and for all of you who write, THANK YOU!
This discussion has been closed.