Supplement Crazy :)

Options
2»

Replies

• sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Biotin is for hair/nails and it will make them grow faster, helps people who have had hair loss from things like thyroid issues, etc.

Funsoaps, I've been taking Biotin, in the hopes to improve my horribly thin hair (another thyroid side-effect). I'm afraid the Biotin did exactly zip. Nothing at all. Sorry, but I don't believe in it.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    L-Glutamine - Great soreness recovery
    BCAA + L-Glutamine = less overall glut grams but easily added to. The BCAA's haven't helped much with soreness but fat loss is better and definition is noticeable a week after cycling in. Note, I have been taking them for a little more than a month.
    Fish Oil omegas - feel slightly more energetic and seems to play a positive role in overall system functionality. Liver, skin etc.
    Augmented protein complex - this goes without saying.
    Multi - meant as a supplement for a balanced diet. There's a good chance most cannot intake DV of these without supplementation. Most provide overkill.
    Tribulus. Takes care of that need to get it done attitude. I've also seen a pronounced increase in confidence in stressful situations since I started this. Will be cycling out at the end of the bottle but will get back on.
    ZMA - Can't say enough about this. Some people report exaggerated REM dreams but not me. Just great, clean sleep and wake up feeling ready to go.

I don't think your list is excessive. I also don't care who's a doctor and/or nutritionist, etc. If it works for me and the sides don't outweigh the bennys, I'll give it a shot as long as the price is right. What I have a problem with is people using their SUPPLEMENTS as meals and excuses for not eating, ie too much appetite suppression coupled with all caloric intake via shakes etc.

Take what works for you. If it doesn't work, don't keep spending your money.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You don't need any of that. Waste of money. These people that recommend otherwise clearly do not have a Nutrition Science degree, which I can tell you is FAR different from all the hear say on the internet (even on seemingly legitimate sites like livestrong) and even from what doctors with their little nutrition education may tell you.

Amino acid supplements are especially dangerous. You don't want to throw off your bodies natural ratio of the different types of aas.

lol@ nutrition sciences.
    Also, aas means anabolic androgenic steroids. Your body only produces one of them, testosterone. It's created from fat, not amino acids.

My professors use aa's as an abbreviation for amino acids. Sorry, I forget that isn't commonly used. Your body can make 10 on its own and gets the other 10 from food.

I guess the placebo effect works for a lot of people. The biochemistry behind most of this doesn't make sense. Things get debunked because of discoveries of more exact mechanisms on how the molecules interact. Which, of course, is highly complex and the reason why getting nutrients from food is far superior to getting them from pills.
  • Kayjaybee88
    Kayjaybee88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did get them from Dr Oz! I haven't started taking them yet, but I will post if I find any significant benefit.