Biggest Loser

Options
Hi, Why don't people give them credit when they lose the weight. They worked their butts off and eat very little. They also workout through pain injury and insult. They get tempted just like the rest of us. I don't get it?

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic expectations... they get "mad" at themselves for "only" losing 4 lbs or whatever in a week. I'd love to see a pound or two a week... I'm not able to go be supervised like them setting "life" aside to dedicate to fitness for 4 months straight... It's a competition though so when they don't lose they aren't doing their teams any favours so the other members can get ticked... or you get the ones who gain on purpose to sabotage a team etc.. it's a game...
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They're still doing the work to lose the weight. I would love to do that.
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I give them full credit. But unfortunately it just sets them up for failure in the long run. They aren't learning lifestyle change. Everything is taken to extreme. Diet, exercise, emotional support.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think a better (healthier) show concept would be to have a nationwide contest that ran for an entire year. They could choose specific cities and then choose contestants from those areas to compete. Get a trainer in each city and follow progress for a year. Set weekly/monthly challenges and run it the same way they do the other show, but this way, people are still living their normal lives and adapting them while competing.

Would never happen, but hey....
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I've heard that a "week" is not really a week, plus they dehydrate. They do lose tons of weight and I'm a huge fan of the show tho!! I just don't think it's at all realistic. No one really has 12 hours a day to workout, trainers, a room on a ranch, all the equipment they could desire, a nutritionist, and competition to help it move.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i give them credit. but it IS a game show, so some of it is a bit unrealistic that it's kind of annoying.

like someone mentioned, people being upset at only losing 2 pounds in a week because they're so used to losing 8+ pounds. that's when it becomes glaringly obvious to me that this isnt real life i'm watching. the other thing is when they freak out about having something like a tablespoon of mayo or something similar.