Calorie Intake

Options
I set my calorie intake for 1200 so I wouldn't go over 1500 should I over eat.. But finding I barely reach 1200 (Averaging 800 to 1100) My calorie intake was just over 1300 last night but that was because I happily forced my self to eat a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds. Should I force myself to eat to so I at least reach the 1200 every day. Can eating to many fruits make you feel full?

Replies

• Lost_Mermaid
    Lost_Mermaid Posts: 136
    Options
    you need to find out your bmr and make sure youre eating at least that amount...go to fat2fitradio.com and use the calculator to get the estimate of your bmr

also try searching the message boards for why its important not to eat under your bmr
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    bump...
    hopefully some other people will see this too
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    Its' 1396 ..... I have to match food up to my BMI?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Find something healthy to help you meet your goal. I love McDs as much as the next person but they fail miserably in the healthy part.

Try buying some cheese sticks or nuts and use those at the end of the night to reach your goal. Nuts are dense in calories and have a lot of the good fats that you want. There are many studies that say you should try to eat at least 1 serving (1 oz) per day.

With that said, I am not a huge believer in forcing yourself to eat to meet some magical number. Eat what is right for you but if you change up your choices it could be right for your health.
  • ravennyx
    Options
    Maybe it is just a weird phase and next week I'll be back to normal wanting to stay up and eat all night
  • ravennyx
    Options
    Find something healthy to help you meet your goal. I love McDs as much as the next person but they fail miserably in the healthy part.

Try buying some cheese sticks or nuts and use those at the end of the night to reach your goal. Nuts are dense in calories and have a lot of the good fats that you want. There are many studies that say you should try to eat at least 1 serving (1 oz) per day.

With that said, I am not a huge believer in forcing yourself to eat to meet some magical number. Eat what is right for you but if you change up your choices it could be right for your health.

I only get to go to Mcdonald a few times a year .. which is why I forced myself to eat a burger. I will try to change what i'm eating and see if that helps. Maybe instead of the 5 to 6 loght meals a day thing I will just go for three meals a day.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options

yeah, bmr (basal metabolic rate) its what your body burns every day just to function without normal activities. ive read some stuff on here that says that going below it for long periods of time can actually make it harder to lose weight, and it's just not good for you to not have the basic amount of fuel you need
  • ravennyx
    Options

yeah, bmr (basal metabolic rate) its what your body burns every day just to function without normal activities. ive read some stuff on here that says that going below it for long periods of time can actually make it harder to lose weight, and it's just not good for you to not have the basic amount of fuel you need

If you do nothing all day its 1440 cals ..... Since I ate like an anorexic from my teens up until three yrs ago which is when I started eating more normal and gaining .... I'm thinking I'm a bit skrewed