Shin Splints

2»

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 654 Member
    Walk on your heels when wearing tennis shoes to build up that muscle! My husband and I were both runners in high school and that's what our coach made us do! I have them too-so I understand how painful they are!

this works for me, and has been the only thing that has worked for me. Like a lot of others have said, you need to get fitted for the correct running shoes.
  • jlneifer
    jlneifer Posts: 18
    Thank you all so much for all the feedback! It really means a lot..I will be sure to use all the information everyone has listed and see what works best for me!!! Thanks a lot again!!!
  • jlneifer
    jlneifer Posts: 18
    Thank you all so much for all the feedback! It really means a lot..I will be sure to use all the information everyone has listed and see what works best for me!!! Thanks a lot again!!!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    This is just my personal experience, but might work for others as well. I have had shin pain/splints when running (or trying to run!) all of my adult life. I am now 34. Just this year I decided to change it up a bit and try to run by hitting the ball of my foot first instead of my heel. This was such a game changer! I can now run with absolutely no shin pain at all. For the first time in my life I love running. Good luck - I hope you find something that works!