Fell off the wagon...:(

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, I did it.... I fell off the wagon... :grumble: After 12 days of not having a coke....I had one today. My kids drank a lot of it, but I drank it.... BUT...I am excited that I went 12 days without having one. That is major for me!!! :wink:

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    One coke in 12 days is fantastic if you've always had it everyday!!! Don't think about how you went wrong, think about how far you've come!
  • kandyjo
    One coke in 12 days is fantastic if you've always had it everyday!!! Don't think about how you went wrong, think about how far you've come!

Daisy_May....YOU ROCK!!! :drinker: I really needed that today! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    In my opinon you did not fall off the wagon, in fact there is no wagon.

This is a lifestyle, not a diet and you are allowed to indulge on occasion. I mean life wouldn't be worth living if I could never have chocolate ever again!!!:happy:
  • Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    i had a cheat lunch today. my mommy treated me to lunch!! and i went to zaxbys! first fries in months!!! :smile: it was delicious. but i have all weekend now to walk!! :) i dont feel bad at all either.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Not a cheat day!!! Just part of the new lifestyle. :drinker:

Last weekend we went out to the bar and I had a few beers and bar fries for the first time in months. Man, let me tell you, that was MMMMMM GOOD :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Thanks guys! I was really beating myself up over this.... Feeling much better now....
    Mmmmmm...fries. Haven't had them in months either :laugh: But I better not get carried away :laugh:
    Thanks again, guys. I love my MFP peeps!! :drinker:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    You shouldn't feel bad about it. I have learned that so long as you have things in moderation, it really is okay. I still eat chocolate, on occassion eat bad food and have a few drinks with friends. I find that by not looking at certain foods as off limits, has me wanting them more. There is still a part of me that wants to eat a ton bad things, but if I have it once in a while, I don't go overboard.

So long as you count those calories, there is nothing wrong with having a Coke now and then.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    I think that you are doing great! And I always say that if you are sharing with someone else than they get all the cal's! :laugh:

Do give yourself a break every now and then, you surly deserve it!

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

oh ps
    You can always have a wonderful "bad" meal, because if you plan right you can eat really good for your other meals and do extra hard work at the gym that day to make up for your indulgence.
    I have already told myself that the day of my brothers wedding I am taking off! :devil:
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Great Job!!! I managed to quick soda's when I was pregnant.... they made me so sick. I hate drinking plain water but I do enjoy drinking Aquafina flavored water.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I am glad that everyone has made you feel better. We all need that on occasion.
    It is really hard to remember that this is a lifestyle change not the four letter word. We have had that thought process for so long, now we just need to forget it.
    Like everyone has said, it is okay to splurge on ocassion. My suggestion is to pick one day out of the week and use it as a splurge day. Everything that you have been holding back during the week. Mind you, do it in moderation. Still count your calories or however you keep yourself in check, but don't stress about it like you would the rest of the week. We all deserve a day. Hang in there, you are doing an awesome job. Sooner than later you will see and feel the changes that you are looking for.
    Have a fabulous weekend. :glasses:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Great Job!!! I managed to quick soda's when I was pregnant.... they made me so sick. I hate drinking plain water but I do enjoy drinking Aquafina flavored water.

I don't really drink soda either. Just on occasion when it sounds good. I drink lots of water and at least once a day I use a Water-To-Go from Crystal lite. It makes the water taste like Koolaid and there is only 5 calories per serving. I love them. :love: :heart:
  • No soda in 12 days is a great achievement! Pretty soon you won't even want the stuff as your body gets used to not being fed sugary drinks. You'll feel that it's too sweet. Nothing should ever be completely off limits if you only have them on the rare occasion. It's thinking like that that causes you to binge and feel crappy and bad about yourself afterwards and feel deprived. :smile:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Well, I did it.... I fell off the wagon... :grumble: After 12 days of not having a coke....I had one today. My kids drank a lot of it, but I drank it.... BUT...I am excited that I went 12 days without having one. That is major for me!!! :wink:
    It was just one coke right? So think of it as a treat for going 12 days without one. Adjust for your calories, or take a brisk walk and your good! :flowerforyou: I had a beer last night. It was GOOD! lol
This discussion has been closed.