THE TAPE MEASURE

Options
2»

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring. Alas, the tape measure appears to be as stubborn as my scale in decreasing numbers...:mad:

Memaw, I haven't tried measuring my neck. Maybe I will!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I need get my measurements taken. Does anyone watch the show called Bulging Brides? They calculate weight loss and measurements and these brides have to lose inches to fit into their wedding dress in time for the big day. Of course on the show they always fit into their dress and lose what they need within 6 weeks. But I find the show encouraging.

I want Nadine & Tommy to come and kick my butt and I'm not even getting married!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    How many of you are actually using the tape measure and how often do you do it?

I get the feeling that a lot of you aren't using it and I think that is a HUGE mistake. The scale can be your worst enemy at times on this journey. Everyone complains that they haven't lost any weight and they get so discouraged.

So....grab a tape and get to it!! :drinker:
    I use it all the time. Even though the scale numbers are saying I've lost weight, I don't think I'd be all that encouraged without my trusty tape measure! I can't live without it.:flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Oooooh Pange, just looked that up... myotape looks VERY cool! Is it pretty easy to use? Looks like the most important thing to do is to read the directions on it. Thanks for the idea! Do you happen to know what the max measurement is with that?

And thanks Marm! Helps to know what to measure!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY wanna buy the myotape. Just haven't got around to it yet. Lost an inch on my waist and hips this week. wooo hoooo!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked mine since April. Thank you for the reminder! I need to try to do it once a month at the very least.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    im totally a freak and measure myself every week! every weigh in day i measure....not as exciting as the scale though....although people have started to notice my efforts..
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Oooooh Pange, just looked that up... myotape looks VERY cool! Is it pretty easy to use? Looks like the most important thing to do is to read the directions on it. Thanks for the idea! Do you happen to know what the max measurement is with that?

And thanks Marm! Helps to know what to measure!

60" is the max.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO IcePrincess!! Keep up the great work! If you do buy one, you might want to look on Amazon, it was less than $5 and came free with a body fat measuring instrument (again less than $5); both options had free shipping with Amazon Prime (free for 3 months if you haven't already used it).

Thanks again Pange! THAT I can do, but if it were 18 inches or less, I might have isssssssssssues. :laugh: :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i was using it about once every week...lol now i fear to use it...around my belly button in a week and a half i had lost 8 inches i went from a 40" to a 32....and at the smallest part of the waist i had lost 2 inches and my hips i lost 2 inches....so i'm now 29"(smallest part of waist) 32" (belly button) 39"(hips)... oh yea 38" (bust) ...i went down 4 inches there lol...but for the last 3weeks i havent lost an inch but i've lost 3 lbs...im thinking maybe my legs or arms? :ohwell: no idea lol
  • ThePoptart
    ThePoptart Posts: 28
    Options
    I check my measurements every morning. lol

haha! me too. I fluctuate water weight like craaaazy so it's interesting to me to see the change or no change