headaches

aariel22
aariel22 Posts: 37
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone ever get headaches from cutting their calories? I just started and I don't know if the calorie calculator is very accurate for me. I had been a nursing mom eating about 2500 calories a day with a steady weight of 170. I cut my calories to 1600 since I weaned and I have lost 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I drink LOTS of water, so I am not dehydrated. Maybe I need more calories?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    have you drastically cut your fat and sodium intake? Both of these nutrients are needed for healthy function (fat is important for brain function, and sodium keeps your fluids in balance, which keeps the cusion of fluid around your brain available). Be wary of cutting way back on fat or sodium, both can have this affect.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Have you recently cut out soft drinks. When I first started I stopped drinking soft drink all at once and I was getting headaches.
  • Renee973
    Renee973 Posts: 28
    I have been getting really bad headaches, too. It says on here that I should only eat 1200 calories and I don't think it is enough! :ohwell: I have started eating a serving of almonds for a snack between meals. It seems to have helped a little bit, but I have never eaten this little in my life. Guess thats why I'm here, though! Good luck and let me know if you figure out what it is!
  • A drastic change in your diet will probably give you headaches as your body is trying to adjust to the change.
  • hadoo
    hadoo Posts: 7
    the headaches are likely the result of your body using the only source it has availible for energy-your muscles. it takes an incredible amount of energy to convert the protien in your muscles into a usable form, which often results in dizziness and generalized, dull headaches. the fix-more carbs. NOT BAD CARBS!!! brown rice, beans/legumes, flaxseed, salba, veggies, fruits. chose the most natural forms. i personally never recommend bread products (cereals, rice cakes, breads, crackers) because of the sugar/sodium/processing involved in making them.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    have you drastically cut your fat and sodium intake? Both of these nutrients are needed for healthy function (fat is important for brain function, and sodium keeps your fluids in balance, which keeps the cusion of fluid around your brain available). Be wary of cutting way back on fat or sodium, both can have this affect.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great advice.
This discussion has been closed.