Goal

oohnee1
oohnee1 Posts: 34
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been doing a lot of reading, but I'm still not sure if I should target my goal at 1, 1 1/2 or 2 pounds per week. I'm not sure what is best for me. I would like to lose about 19 pounds from where I am now, but even if I lose 10 that would be fine. Any words of wisdom.

Thanks

228288.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Best would be between 1-2 pounds to maintain perament weight loss. Some weeks you may lose more some you weeks you may lose less. I set my goal at 1.5 a week.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    So I've been doing a lot of reading, but I'm still not sure if I should target my goal at 1, 1 1/2 or 2 pounds per week. I'm not sure what is best for me. I would like to lose about 19 pounds from where I am now, but even if I lose 10 that would be fine. Any words of wisdom.

Thanks

228288.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Don't know how tall you are, but you do not have a lot of weight to lose. I would not try to lose more than 1 pound a week. If you can, even target less, about 1/2 pound a week. If you go to hard and hit your goal then jump back up to your maintenance caloric intake, you will likely gain a few back.

Good luck.
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    I've 5'7" and I think you're right, I think I'm going to change my goal to 1lb a week, even though in my dreams it would be so much more. lol I'd rather do it right and keep it off then not.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.