Not losing!!

nursegirl79
nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
:sad: :sad: It's been 5 weeks and a total of 7 pounds lost. I'm not losing anymore...Whats going on!! I decided to drop my carbs and now I have a headache. Ahh!!

What to do? What to do? :grumble:

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    What types of foods are you eatting? Are you exercising? Are you staying within your calories?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    7 pounds in 5 weeks isn't nothing ... How long has it been since you lost anything?
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    find the threads about platuea's you will find tons of info and advice. just be patient and keep trying new things.
    My best advice, log in everything, up your exercise, drink lots of water, and vary your cals' thoughout the week. Just keep changing things up and in time you should see some progress.
    good luck and don't give up.:smile:
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Don't give up! My thoughts: are you eating enough calories? You have to eat to burn. If you are eating enough, like jacqueline said, are they the right calories? Even you're under on your calories, you could stop losing pounds or even gain if you're eating foods high in fat and sugar. Try to avoid refined sugars such as white bread, white pasta, and most sweets as much as possible. Especially make sure your saturated fats stay under your allotted amount. If you haven't already, add it to your food log settings so it shows up on your chart.
  • nursegirl79
    I stay with my net calories and exercise 6 days a week. Cardio follow-up by Chalean Extreme. If thats not enough..I don't know what is.!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Take more days off. We tend to think more is better- not necesarrily so.

Try it for a week- just exercising four days instead. Give your rest days priority because they're very important. Maybe that could help. :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    You ever splurge out a meal? Just feast... I do it once a week.

If your metabolism decides that you've moved to Ethiopia and it needs to conserve every little bit of juice it can get, it can make it very hard to progress. Maybe your system needs a little shock. I'm not suggesting you eat a whole birthday cake, but maybe do something to break up the routine.

Don't sweat plateaus too much. I've plateaued several times along my journey. Every time it bugs me, every time it breaks in a couple weeks and I drop 3 or 4 pounds almost overnight. The bod is a crazy machine. :bigsmile:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    How do you calculate your exercise calories burned? I was using the MFP numbers and/or my treadmill numbers, which were too high for me, so as I ate my exercise calories, I was eating too many back. After I started using a HRM, I started losing again.
  • nursegirl79
    Sebidian

What brand of heart rate monitor are you using. I keep hearing bad reviews on many. I want to buy one that measures calories burned correctly. If it helped you lose weight it must be pretty accurate.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    I have the Pro-Form Precision Trainer XT with chest strap (I believe Reebok has the same model). I have not had it very long, so I cannot vouch for it over the long haul, but I am happy with it so far. I got it for $25, so even if it only helps for a few months, I will be satisfied. I should note that I only work out at home, so I do not have the problems that some have reported with interference at the gym from other HRM's and equipment with built in monitors.
  • nursegirl79
    233408.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

I guess I spoke to soon!!!
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    :) make sure that when you end up with a little plateau to bump your calories for a couple days! It usually helps!!

If that doesn't work, make sure you really are logging EVERYTHING you eat when you count your calories. Sometimes people forget about the handfuls of this and that that can end up putting your deficit to rest.
This discussion has been closed.