vacation success!

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
I just returned from a month in Hawaii with family. I'd been so looking forward to an active fun filled time! When I started out here at MFP I was determined to be stronger & healthier so I could keep up with all the 20-somethings...
well...
let me tell you!
:bigsmile:
I outlasted them all!
I only spent 6 days not snorkeling, scuba diving or surfing (can you believe it?!) It was an absolute blast! A dream come true!
Even though I hadn't reached my goal weight by vacation time - I was able to keep up & do everything everyone else did & more!
With all that exercise I was able to eat (&drink!) :wink: anything I wanted & I still weighed in at 1 pound lower than when I left!
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
It was the most amazing month. My grown daughter commented that she'd never seen me enjoy so many activities & always be ready to do whatever they could think up. I told her that I've decided that the next time I have an opportunity I'll be even older, so I'd better try everything when it comes up.
From now on, I WILL NOT be left on the beach! :bigsmile: I'll be the one out in the water with the kids - not inside taking a nap!:bigsmile:
I know I'm no bathing beauty, & my recent loss has left me saggier than ever - but that's who I am & I may never pass this way again!
:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you has a marvelous time and that you've learned the secret: every day counts!
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like your hard work has paid off in all the right ways : )
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It sounds like you had an amazing time!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,919 Member
    Options
    Georg, I'm so proud of you! Way to go!
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great vacation... and the memories you have created for you family...to be there doing those things right along with them!
    Amazing accomplishment
  • Georg
    Options
    It was just so cool to be able to do all the water sports & spend so much time in the water with the kids. I guess I really have increased my metabolism more than I realized.
    I even went to water aerobics with my SIL & did a little hiking!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    that is too cool georg!:glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
    i am so happy for u.:happy:
    losing weight is nice, but enjoying your healthy fit body is truely the goal!
    and you are such a fine example of that.

thank you for sharing your happiness about our common struggles.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    The support here at MFP has made all the difference!
    I'm just so happy!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Man_loosing_weight
    Options
    It is great to see it can be done when you start the journey.
    Well done and keep it going
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Wow a month in Hawaii! That is superb!

I love that you are happiest about the energy, strength and stamina you enjoyed! I loved going to NYC with the 'kids' and having them tell ME they needed to break for lunch:laugh:

I cant believe you even surfed! That is so cool!

Next time you go, you may be older-but you will be in even better shape!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I told her that I've decided that the next time I have an opportunity I'll be even older, so I'd better try everything when it comes up.

I love this comment!:flowerforyou: What a great approach to FUN!
  • Georg
    Options
    :heart:
    Thanks.
    I just can't get over how wonderful it was! Now I've got to get out there & start my workout! :wink:
    :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!