.. put on weight !?!

Options
.. i've lost 10 kgs in 3 months, but last week, without modifying my diet, i put on 300gr .. of course it's nothing in terms of weight .. but not only did i not lose anything, i actually put on .. that's not too good for my morale :( .. feeling moody, fed-up, tired, hungry .. mutter, mutter ..

Replies

• wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think that is a gain in weight at all because weight fluctuates-you could be retaining fluid (were you drinking a lot of water then stopped. If you normally drink a lot and then stop, your body will retain fluid for a while until you are regularly drinking it again), it could be to do with hormones-were you pre/post menstrual (I assume you're female from the little picture), are you eating enough-if you say you're hungry then maybe you need to increase your protein. Not eating enough calories has a negative effect on weightloss, as you probably know.

Maybe you could really push yourself at the gym for a couple workouts to make sure that you make a bigger dent in your weight loss for the next weigh-in. Or rein in your diet and be ultra strict for a few days.

It amuses me when people say they have gained 200g or lost 100g. I only take notice of kilograms because a couple glasses of water could make the difference between 'losing' and 'gaining' weight.

I have always found that when I am losing weight, my weight will go up and down but provided the trend is the kilos are coming off, then I don't worry. For example, one day I'll be 60kg and the next day 60.5 and the next day 60 then the next day 59.5 then I might weight 60.5 or even 61 again and then slowly I weigh in the 59's more and more and it starts to get like, 59.5, 60, then 59, then 58.5 then 59.5, 60.5 then the next fortnight it'll be 59.5, 58, 59, 58.5, 59.5, 58.5. Provided the trend over a couple weeks is the numbers start getting lower more regularly, dont' be discouraged. And if they start going up more regularly, then push yourself harder at the gym. Sprint for 20 extra seconds, put the incline up 1degree on what you'd normally do for 2 minutes.

Don't be discouraged. 300g out of 10kgs is NOTHING!!!!!!
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    thanks wrecktecno :)) .. i realise 300 gr is nothing and i don't want to cry over a broken nail, it was the fact i expected to lose some .. so the exact equation was NO LOSS+GAIN LOL .. so in my mind more like 1.3 kg ......... i guess ur right that weight fluctuates .. i'm def. pre-men, can't see any real reason for liquid retention, but u never know .. i hadn't changed much (other than choice of menu (veg, etc.)) to my usual routine ..

i guess everybody knows that feeling when u get on the scales, except a surprise of sorts (even 100 gr less LOL) .. and bang !!

it's an awful feeling and i have to make sure that doesn't drag me down ..

:)) thanks again - ur words encouraged me :)) xxx