THIGHS

Options
13»

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I gotta echo squats of all kinds, lunges, dead lifts and fat loss. As these exercises get easier, add greater range of motion and weights. It takes time, cause even after you build up the muscle, you probably will have to lose more fat before you see the true result.

I add ballet plié. For the plié (if you aren't familiar) - it is a wide leg "squat" with the toes turned out slightly (esp at first). Careful to keep knees tracking over ankles and toes (don't let them sink in or out) and don't turn out your toes more than is comfortable. Squat down till thighs are parallel with the floor, but knees don't go past toes. You might have to start with a more shallow plié, with legs closer together and deepen as you gain strength/flexibility. Great exercise if done correctly (watch the knee alignment) The plié will work your glutes and inner thighs slightly different than other squats/lunges.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:

Being snotty to people who are trying to help you won't make your thighs jiggle any less

I didn't think I was being snotty but someone telling me or someone else its fat when we were just asking for ways to tone I thought was sarcasm so SORRY If my being snotty offended anyone didn't mean nothing by it just like the girl who said fat=jiggle or whatever
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    Obviously I know its fat and OBVIOUSLY I do cardio and eat at deficit and I have not seen any change on my inner thigh that is why I was asking for suggestions not for a sarcastic remark thanks!!:frown:

Being snotty to people who are trying to help you won't make your thighs jiggle any less

I didn't think I was being snotty but someone telling me or someone else its fat when we were just asking for ways to tone I thought was sarcasm so SORRY If my being snotty offended anyone didn't mean nothing by it just like the girl who said fat=jiggle or whatever

Sorry she said lose the fat=lose the jiggle to me that is being sarcastic I guess everyone takes things differently. Well thank you to all who gave me suggestions I hope you all have a great and successful week!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    pop pilates! youtube blogilates. inner thigh insanity phhhhhhhew!

I just watched the inner thigh insanity. OUCH! I'm definitely going to add this to my rotation. Thank you.

WOW THAT IS GREAT THANKS SOOO MUCH!!! I SHHOULD BE FEELING THOSE SORE MUSCLES TOMORROW :happy:
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There is no spot weight loss but I have been trying lateral shuffling for the last week and I've seen dramatic improvements on my inner thighs! This is an exercise they use in football and basketball...I figured these athletes have no inner thigh fat maybe they just might be on to something...hope this helps and good luck everyone!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    There is no spot weight loss but I have been trying lateral shuffling for the last week and I've seen dramatic improvements on my inner thighs! This is an exercise they use in football and basketball...I figured these athletes have no inner thigh fat maybe they just might be on to something...hope this helps and good luck everyone!

Thanks I will have to look this up and how to do them :)
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and I've been doing squats and pilates for the last month and I'm finally beginning to see results! :happy:

9821387.png
  • limbopanto
    limbopanto Posts: 25
    Options
    Sumo or Plie squats and inner thigh lifts have been SUPER helpful for me.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred has you doing lunges, squats, etc. Great for toning!!! I bought it and was nervous due to the fact that I am not a fan of workout dvds and would rather go to the gym but I really like this one.

At the gym- Put the treadmill at an incline. Side lunges/squats with some weights. Ive been trying to target the same area!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately women tend to have the most stubborn fat in our hips and thighs- it's where we store the fat meant to carry us through a pregnancy during times of famine. So, sticking with your diet and exercise program for the long haul is really important for improving those areas- even if it seems to not be working, it just takes a long *kitten* time.

Oh yeah, and squats, deadlifts and lunges will help the process along. SQUATS!