Oh no!! I went so far over!!

mayhsgirl93
mayhsgirl93 Posts: 23
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I decided to go out to eat with my friends, and instead of getting a salad, I overindulged and ended up 700 calories over!! AHHH!! I felt totally guilty but I'm going to try a lot harder this weekend. Maybe I'll make it to the gym tonight.

Replies

• 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    try not to beat yourself up over it. Sometimes I'll add a quick workout in the evening if I know I might go over. Just try to do better tomorrow---!:ohwell:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Chalk it up to experience and put a note in your food diary about it.

When I'm going out to eat I enter in what I want to have before I eat it- then I can see what's what. Plus it gives me an extra nudge to actually order what I put in
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    As far as overeating goes- 700 calories isn't so bad. I've overindulged a couple of times in the past month and was over by a couple of thousand. :tongue:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    You have to live a little, don't feel bad. Just get in an extra walk or more gym time and don't stress. I heard that getting 7 or more hours of sleep helps with weight loss, so sleep in tomorrow if you can :happy:

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Don't kick yourself too hard for it. I would just make sure to plan ahead next time. Like Gemiwing suggested, if you plan ahead it will hold you more accountable to eat what you put down in your food journal.
    Just get in extra exercise and put it in the past. You can not change what you have done, but you can change your thought process for later. Hang in there, you can do this and we are all here for you.
    Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:

P.S. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!
  • Thanks everyone, all your tips are so good. I really do need to calm down about this, it was only a one time thing, hopefully I'm gonna watch my food intake very carefully this weekend. I'm also gonna drink a lot of water and try to sleep as late as I can tomorrow lol. I'll probably have time to go to a pilate class tonight at the gym, so that'll make up for it.

Thanks again! You guys are so helpful! I love this website, everyone's so supportive!!
This discussion has been closed.