New State of Mind with PCOS

Options
Okay, so I have not been even remotely motivated to focus on losing weight since I gained back 20 of my 30lb loss. Was diagnosed with PCOS in December and that just did me in. Depression, medicines coming from 4 different doctors. I just gave up.....But now I have realized that the only way to overcome PCOS even remotely is to not diet and exercise to look good, but to live and feel good again. If I can keep this mind set, I can jump back on that wagon and get this going again.

I know there are several here with PCOS. I research it continuously and it is one of the hardest things to deal with. It starts to control your life if you let it. Don't let it!! And I am preaching to myself here. Hang in there with me girls! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Get on a low carb plan and exercise!!!

Not only will you get healthier, but you will lose weight and FEEL GREAT!!!!

Read the posts in this thread, come join us!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60340-battle-with-carbohydrates?page=1#posts-724348
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You're not alone hun! PCOS is a pain in the tushie, and it makes the journey hard but it certainly doesn't stop you from reaching your goals! There are a lot of ladies (myself included) with PCOS who are suceeding.

It sounds like you're already doing the right thing - lots of reading and research. Phase 2 is finding people around you (and on MFP) for support. :bigsmile:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link to the other posts! Helps so much. I hate starting over, but I have to do what I have to do.....I am going to need all the help I can get!! :blushing:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Any time you need a hug just let us know :)

PCOS is a difficult thing to deal with because not only are there physical things we have to worry about- it also cuts right across our ability to feel like 'real' women. Can't get much closer to being a female than our reproductive system- and it can really drag us down.

You can do this- we can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link to the other posts! Helps so much. I hate starting over, but I have to do what I have to do.....I am going to need all the help I can get!! :blushing:

We are all here to help as we have been there and done that.

Cut the cord to the vicious cycle, don't let it win.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Any time you need a hug just let us know :)

PCOS is a difficult thing to deal with because not only are there physical things we have to worry about- it also cuts right across our ability to feel like 'real' women. Can't get much closer to being a female than our reproductive system- and it can really drag us down.

You can do this- we can do this. :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!:flowerforyou: