Looking for encouragement

Options
Hi! I just graduated from college with an education license and in the mist of the year with student teaching and work I managed to gain quite a lot of unwanted pounds. Every summer I lose a great amount of weight...the wrong way and though I would try this out for a change and make it a lifestyle change! I am aiming to lose 1 pound a week. If I loose more awesome! I usually lose about 5 a week with my old ways but know that is not the way to lose the weight because I just gain it all back. I do not have a gym membership but love to run...well did when I was in better shape. I also love to play volleyball so I am hoping to get into a league somewhere! I have a full time job, although it is not a teaching job yet. I am still looking for that job.
Recently I have had some health problems that made me realize it is time to change. I am only 22! At 6ft tall and 250 pounds I am disgusted I let myself get this way. Feel free to add me! I would love doing this alone side others!

Replies

• tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    There are a lot of good people here that should help encourage you. I've only been here since last Wednesday, but I have found I already love it here as it helps you keep track of everything you do and makes you feel guilty if you aren't doing things right.
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have found this site to be extremely helpful for logging in food and exercise. Also the support system this site has is beyond wonderful. I am sending you a friend request now. I will be more than happy to help you out in any way I can. :)