What is YOUR craving curber?

Options
Behavior_Modification
Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
Whether it is a swig of vodka, a brisk 5 min walk or a cup of peppermint tea....I want to know how you curb your cravings.

Recently I've been eating Cinnamon Disc hard candies to curb a sweet craving. Works pretty good since it isn't something I will eat a bunch of.

Replies

• mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Gum.. I will munch on that :) gives me a sweet taste and after awhile the cravings go away!
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Roasted sea salt almonds. I have to be careful tho because I could eat the whole container. If I am craving something sweet, I like the dark chocolate covered almonds. mmmmmmm!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Gum is great. Cinnamon gum will get me through a craving bout like nobody's business.

But I really got rid of my cravings by simply eating smaller meals more often. On the weekdays, I pack a lunch that I usually start eating around 10-11AM and it has something for pretty much every hour of the workday after that.

I also found after tracking my fats, carbs, and proteins that my carbs were too high and my fats and proteins were too low. Getting rid of some of the carb items (which fill you up quickly but leave you hungry soon afterward) and adding some fats and proteins (which give you sustaining energy) made sticking to my calories a LOT easier.

I'm still "too high" on carbs and "too low" on protein, but my diet is more balanced than it once was, and I find it a lot easier to stay within my calorie allotment and turn down junk food.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    For me :

Crave chocolate. Eat chocolate. Yum.

Otherwise :

I want chocolate.
    I'll have coffee instead, with a squirt of syrup.
    I still want chocolate.
    I'll have a slice of toast.
    Still want chocolate.
    I'm hungry, I'll have a piece of cheese.
    That wasn't as tasty as chocolate.
    Maybe a few chips?
    Still want chocolate....
    I'll have an iced coffee with LOTS of syrup.
    Still want chocolate.
    I'll have a cookie. That'll kill the sweet craving.
    That cookie needed more chocolate.
    I'll have another cookie.
    Crap, ate all the cookies.
    I'll have to bake some cookies.
    Ate two more cookies.

I give in to cravings, because otherwise, I just keep eating. I'd rather have 1 piece of chocolate, or a serving of fries, or whatever... It's usually much better than the whole list of things I'd otherwise eat.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Whatever I'm craving, I usually have a black coffee, normally does the trick. That said, I crave black coffee quite regularly, which is lucky for me.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Gum or water works best for me. I don't snack between meals so if it's a food on my food plan (I don't eat sugar or chips, crackers, highly processed foods) then I have to wait until my next meal and I can have it then. Although its I'm still craving something sweet at night I will have apiece of fruit and/or some cnnamon or ginger tea.