food measurement question

Options
I just had two 1/3 cups of ground beef. How do I enter that into the food list when it only says 1 cup??

Replies

• natabugg
    Options
    I just had two 1/3 cups of ground beef. How do I enter that into the food list when it only says 1 cup??
  • jcummings69
    Options
    Just put .33 as the serving size.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    When I do a partial serving in the serving box I change it from 1.0 to .33 or .66 or .25 or whatever quantity - .25 = 1/4 cup .33 = 1/3 cup etc. Hope this helps!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    If you had 2 servings of 1/3 of a cup each that would be 1/2 cup so if it says 1 cup just change the 1 serving to .5 serving and it will calculate the calories for you.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you have 2 servings of 1/3 cup each, that would be 2/3 cup total. That would be .67 servings of 1 cup.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Good thing I didn't major in math in college :laugh:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm having a hard time finding something for boneless, skinless, chicken breast. The closest I can come up with is (.5 of regular serving of chicken) but I don't feel that's accurate as some chicken weighs maybe 8 ounces and some weigh 12. I do know about the .33, .66, etc but I can't seem to find a count for an ounce of chicken.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    According to the calorie counter 52 grams has 86 calories. Not sure how many grams = oz. My bad, just looked it up in my notebook - didn't cover that part with calorie info! - 28.35 grams = 1 oz. So 52 grams = 1.83 oz. Comes out to about 46 calories/oz. Sorry for the thinking while posting :smile: If you want to add the food to our database, the nutritional info is on the site.
    The Calorie Counter - Poultry is category, chicken breast, I clicked on the one that said roasted, then chose appropriate serving from their choices.