I need a pick me up

jbourque
jbourque Posts: 33 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm feeling really bad about the day I had. I went way overboard. I'm trying to not get too obsessed with it and just do better tomorrow. Usually in the past, when I would have a bad day I'd just throw in the towel and say I can't do this.

I'm hoping this message board will push me through. I was feeling really great about the efforts I had put in. I'm not at home this week, I'm on vacation visiting my parents, and my mom loves to feed everybody. That's what happened today.

Someone help me and save me from myself. I need a push to continue.

Everyone falters sometimes right?

Thanks

241320.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    You're completely right!!! We are still human and nobody is perfect. I falted today as well, but I'm not going to be upset about it. It's bound to happen from time to time!

Tomorrow is a new day! Don't give up, stick with it. You can do it!
  • privatenike
    privatenike Posts: 15 Member
    It sure is bound to happen from time to time! Don't let today get you down tho, just remember tomorrow is a new day. Would going for a little walk or doing something a little bit active help you from feeling the guilt? Do some crunches or walk up and down a set of stairs a could times :) It doesn't have to be huge, just something to get you through how you're feeling now and get back to how well you were doing tomorrow :)
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    It sure is bound to happen from time to time! Don't let today get you down tho, just remember tomorrow is a new day. Would going for a little walk or doing something a little bit active help you from feeling the guilt? Do some crunches or walk up and down a set of stairs a could times :) It doesn't have to be huge, just something to get you through how you're feeling now and get back to how well you were doing tomorrow :)

Great advice!
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Remember this is not a DIET this is a change in life. I have bad days too and I am sure most of us do. Just remember tomorrow is a new day and you can do this. I beat myself up at times too but then I realize that my life is not over and I am not perfect. Best of luck to u!
  • Whenever I have a bad day, I find that exercise helps. Not exercising for the reason that you feel like you need to exercise in order to not feel guilt ridden, but exercising for health and change and the post workout feeling of accomplishment. It definitely helps with your mood too! :happy:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    It's ok, I go over all the time :)

Since you're at your parents' house- talk to your mom about what you're trying to do. She loves to feed people- perhaps it would help if you told her how she can help feed you without harming your goals, which are very important to you.

Ask your mom for help in cooking good food. Maybe offer to cook dinner for her one night, but show her how you eat now. She wants her baby fed- understandable- maybe you can find a compromise.

Or eat what you want and exercise your keester off :tongue:
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Same thing happened to me last week at my mom's....she though she was being loving, but she was making things harder for me and my willpower. What I learned was that I am only human and we all have bad days....and then I started over the next day :) In a few days I had lost another lb and was feeling great!! It takes a LOT of bad days to get where I got with my weight....not just one :)

Good luck to you!
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day & today will soon be in the past. I spent the last few weekends w/my parents doing house repairs for them & was worried about eating & exercise too. Needless to say my exercise concern was solved on weekend 2 when, after wearing my newly purchased heart rate monitor, I found out that I was burning way more calories working on their properry than I ever would have at the gym. I dealt with the food issue by offering to cook for everyone. That meant I knew exactly what I was eating, it was healthy & cooking is a calorie burner. Last weekend Dad really wanted Kentucky Fried Chucken d dinner :( So I just explained that I'm eating healthy & avoiding fast food. They were totally understanding & we settled on turkey burgers with lots of fresh, steamed veggies. If ur family isn't as understanding, you can focus on portion control & put in a request for tummy fillers like fresh veggies.

Either way, the most important thing is to focus on the good work you've done soo far & remember that you're on vacation :)
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks everyone. I agree with the exercising, I did bring my bike in hopes of getting some rides in but as I write this raging thunderstorms are going on.

Your messages were all appreciated thanks so much
This discussion has been closed.