Here we go again

Well... I guess I need to look at it this way... at the weight I am, I've still lost 60 lbs. I lost 100 in total... gained 40 back over a two and a half year period. I'm disappointed, frustrated, angry and ashamed of myself for this. When I was single, I was so concentrated on myself, I went to the gym every night after work, I cooked only for me, it was easy.
Then I got into a relationship with my AMAZING partner, we hit a financial wall with me having heart issues and being hospitalized and I couldn't work out for months and I was fired from my job. Yep, fired for being sick. Texas... gotta love the "At-Will" employment thing.

Anyways, all of that was stripped from me and the weight started piling on. I started becoming depressed with myself, stopped wanting to go out, to be seen by my old friends, I was and am ashamed. And yet... it feels like I just CANNOT stick with it this time. It is beyond frustrating. I KNOW what I have to do... and I WANT to do it... but maybe I don't want it bad enough? Maybe I've just become so damn lazy that it's easier to just complain about it? I'm not really sure. But what I do know is that I am 32 yrs old and I have high blood pressure which I guess they want to medicate me for now... and I have heart issues. If I don't get myself in control and do this... I'm going to die young. I need to do this.. for me... for my partner,,, for my family.

So here I go.... again.

Replies

• Well you already know that only YOU can do this and you should be doing it for YOU.
    We've all 'been there and done that!' i.e. yo-yo weight.
    Don't beat yourself up!
    Get back in the zone and get fit and healthy so you can live a happy, healthly. long life!
    Good luck - h x
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    I hear ya but I am older than you. You have your life ahead of you and you have acknowledged your issues. The question is if you can do it by yourself? Go to your closest friends and see if they will work out with you. See if they will be there to support you as you move forward. I know you said money is an issue so see if there are any Free County serivices available to you just to get your mind straight. (I just went back into therapy for my issues but I am 54 years old. Not much hope for me but I have to try)

These are only sugestions hon, you can do it! I know it is hard to stay positive but set small goals and acheive them.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Heart issues + excess weigh t= a good reason to keep that weight off