Looking for Dedicated and Supportive MFP Friends!

Options
Shaigirl79
Shaigirl79 Posts: 52 Member
After tipping the scale at just over 300 lbs, I was determined to finally take control of my weight and health! I bought a Fitbit to help become more active; started walking for 30 minutes a day; and measured my food and counted calories on MFP. The combination helped me lose over 50 lbs in five months. I've come a long way... but still have a long way to go before I am where I want to be.

I'm afraid I've become too complacent these past few weeks. I've gone over my calories far too many times; eaten things I know I shouldn't; and basically stopped working out. I am not the least bit happy about this! In fact, I am seriously disappointed in myself. But I'm not going to give up over a few bumps in the road. As of today, I am renewing my commitment to a healthier lifestyle!

Therefore, I am looking for dedicated and supportive MFP friends! Any help, support or motivation would be greatly appreciated. And of course, I always try to return the favor! :-)

Replies

• christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress up to this point! That's fantastic! Feel free to add me. I hit 27 lbs. and I am at a stand still because I'm not doing everything I could be doing to push through. Others are welcome to add me as well! Good luck!
  • Carlamom2
    Carlamom2 Posts: 4
    Options
    i will add you! :)
  • Shaigirl79
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds, everyone! Figured I'd give this thread a bump since it's a holiday and a lot of people are home today! :-)
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • Shaigirl79
    Options
    Thanks, kalkat! :-)
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    First I want to say how proud I am of you for continuing on in your new way of life! I know how hard it is to get back on the wagon so to speak...I will def help and encourage you anyways I can!!
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll add you... Just signed up recently & also just ordered a fitbit
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add :bigsmile:
  • Shaigirl79
    Options
    Great! I've added everyone. Thanks again!!! Looking forward to keeping up with all of you! :-)
  • skybaby6
    skybaby6 Posts: 14
    Options
    feel free to add me, if you'd like. i wish i could say i was "supportive" but that would mayyyybe be a lie =) i'm quite the slacker myself at times, BUT i am currently on a roll and feeling great about it. losing 50+ #'s is freaking awesome!!! you should be so proud of yourself. good luck, and just keep remembering how foar you've come =) nice job!:smile:
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am very motivated and have lost 17lbs in 24 days although i am new to health and fitness!...feel free to add me if you want
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • Lerin381
    Lerin381 Posts: 3
    Options
    In exactly the same boat! I am 31 and had my fifth baby in January. I was eating right and exercising 3-5 hours per week. I was so happy for losing the first twenty lbs! I had a goal of 80 lbs total so I felt I was finally on my way. Then at the beginning of the month, my baby was hospitalized for a week and I ate complete junk food the whole time. I started my soda and asugary Starbucks habit again, and quit working out. Now my baby is home and our routines are back to normal but I just have lost a lot of hope and motivation since I weighed in and saw that I had put 7 lbs back on this month. :(

I have to get back on track! Would love to be held accountable by people who know what I am going through.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request with a message.

:smile:
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far. I'm on several times a day and try to help out when necessary. I have a long way to go so I'll be here for the duration. I also am looking for motivated friends to keep me on the straight and narrow~
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me......anyone
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress so far! I'm still in the beginning of my journey but would love some more inspirational friends :)
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Happy to add anyone as well for mutual support & encouragement! :)
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    add me if you like