Eggs, Glorius Eggs -- How do you dress them up?

Options
mboktay
mboktay Posts: 69 Member
I love to be creative with scrambled eggs. I look in my fridge and go hmmm left over chicken that will work, especially with a little onion, pepper and fresh garlic. How about left over fajita steak or chicken and veggies. Chop it up and add it. What else?

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    poached on toast will always be my favorite way to eat an egg. Second place is deviled eggs lol
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like my scrambled eggs with a tiny bit of garlic powder, some baby spinach, and then sprinkle them with feta cheese.
  • scubachick2287
    Options
    I like chives or salsa in mine. Also lemon zest. I got pretty creative when I was low carbing.

ETA- and any leftovers in my fridge basically.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'll add just about anything to eggs to give them a special kick. For example, left over steak or chicken; add in some mushrooms, onion or peppers, or even chive. With the chive you have to beware, you'll have chive talking eggs.

I'll top it off with some salsa and lite sour cream as well from time to time.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I read about someone scraping the topping off of left over pizza.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Slice of toast with hummus, over medium egg on top, little hot sauce...delicious.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I like to do egg salad with green olives and light mayo or scrambled eggs topped with salsa and avacado...................mmmmm (those are just my breakfast eggs)
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    poached on toast will always be my favorite way to eat an egg. Second place is deviled eggs lol

Poached is my favorite as well! A little salt, (can count the granules)
    and pepper, and they are good to go with toast!

On scrambled, there's only one choice.

ElYucateco.jpg
  • suzannephx
    suzannephx Posts: 8
    Options
    Sundried tomatoes and feta, with a few seasonings like basil and cilantro. When I make omelettes I put the solid stuff in with the eggs so they cook into the omelette, then just the cheese in the middle.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That sounds good
  • jennlove79
    jennlove79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with taco bell hot sauce. Delicious
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Stick them in those 60 calorie whole wheat tortillas with some of the green salsa verde - which is only 5 calories a tablespoon. I do one whole egg and two yolks, its very low calorie and extremely filling. I'll toss in leftover salad veggies too.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Everyday for breakfast - 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 tbs of ground flax seed, 1 tbs salsa, 1 tbs bacon bits and 2 cups of spinach. Yummy!
  • christyrp90
    christyrp90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals is A LOT of egg whites scrambled with reduced fat mozzarella, garlic pepper, mushrooms, and spinach. Broccoli on the side!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with ketchup - my 4 year-old self lives on!

I LOVE scrambled eggs with some torn up pieces of meat, a dash of cilantro and a smidge of cheese... delicious!:love:
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Soft scrambled eggs on granary toast with a little smoked salmon!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    We have these canned tomatoes with chiles. A 1/4 cup of those and a slice of cheese = super yummy!!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Black beans, salsa and shredded cheese. Yummmm
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    poached in chunky tomatoe sauce and served on low carb torillias with a little cheese.

Tomatoe Sauce
    canned tomatoes
    onion
    garlic
    picante or hot sauce
    cumin and chili powder to taste.
    salt- can omit if like

cook onions in skillet till soft add fresh garlic and cook until soft. Add canned tomatoes and and extra can of water and all other ingredients. cook down about 30 minutes . poach eggs till desired doneness.