Tankini or Bikini?

Options
2»

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    If there's people working fatkini's, you can most def rock a bikini!

What exactly is a fatkini?

Yeah, what is it?
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    If there's people working fatkini's, you can most def rock a bikini!

What exactly is a fatkini?

Yeah, what is it?
    fatkini
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fatkini
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bikini, though no clue if I'll feel comfortable enough to wear it in public. On the other hand, the only person I need to impress is myself (and the bf, but he'd still want me in a bikini if I gained a bunch of weight back, so that doesn't count.) There is the option of a monokini? More revealing than a tankini, but depending on the style, it can cover whichever spots you're self conscious about.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I personally will always have a tankini. i think only my hubby should see me in a "bra and underwear" style attire. lol even if i had a body to win a bikini competition i wouldnt be in one. thats just me though. :-) do what you feel comfortable with
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are comfortable in. Nobody is perfect, and you are just as worthy as everyone else. I am going camping in 2 weeks, and will, for the first time in my 25 years of life, be wearing a bikini. I have frankenstein scars, and stretch marks that reach up past my belly button. But i am proud of me, and i will rock it and not give a s*** what anyone else thinks.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of great opinions out there. Honestly, I envy those who have confidence to wear a bikini, and I respect those who are satisfied with wearing a one piece. I personally dont like one piece bathing suits (I just think they are not sexy), except for the monokini (great idea!). My problem is my self-conciousness. Life is too short and I just need to get over that already!
    I need to look up the "fatkini" , haha...never heard of it!
    Heres the plan...Im going to not give a **** and if someone has a problem with what they see, they can turn the other way!
    Thanks for all the encouraging words and motivation!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All you gotta remember is that while people are busy checking you out and maybe judging you you are also checking people out and maybe judging them. It's just natural. Now think how long you spend contemplating each person you see, a minute, 30 seconds? Maybe not even that long, so yeah people will see you, they might think something about you for a split second but that will be it, then they will be thinking about something else.
    Is it really worth all this stress over a few possible seconds in someone else's brain? I don't think so.
    I
    Besides, looking at your pic I don't think you will have any thing to worry about :)
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I take both with me, the last time I was away was nearly two years ago at about14-16lbs heavier than I am now but I wore a bikini and felt great.
    As iv gotten older and taken a note from my younger sister book. When im on holiday im there to enjoy myself, relax and spend time with my partner. We are the only two im concerned about and dont give a hoot what other people think.

Even better this year will be our honeymoon and fingers crossed I should be at or very near my target so I will care even less lol !
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    IMHO your photo suggests you definitely have the figure to rock in a bikini.

But it's about how you feel. Nobody really pays attention when you are laying there soaking up the rays but if you are less comfortable when walking around, then a sarong looks great and draws attention away from the bits you may be more self conscious about!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    IMHO your photo suggests you definitely have the figure to rock in a bikini.

But it's about how you feel. Nobody really pays attention when you are laying there soaking up the rays but if you are less comfortable when walking around, then a sarong looks great and draws attention away from the bits you may be more self conscious about!

I like this idea! A pretty sarong when Im walking around is just the thing I need! I was thinking of shorts, but a sarong is much cuter. Thanks! And your right, I dont notice bodies laying down sunbathing.