3 weeks in but new

cliveyboy
cliveyboy Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone (or just anyone),
Been on the site for 3 weeks but only just got round to my hellos.
Having just returned from a cruise (my first and maybe last), I found out that the one true piece of information is that food is KING on this type of holiday. Having a will power of iron I lasted all on 24 hours before I fell into the eating trap.
When I got back I realised that some discipline had to be taken on my weight, then being around 221lbs. I can’t rally blame it on the holiday as I had plenty of bad habits prior to this.
This site has given me more than a little encouragement, especially when reading the blogs of other, some great achievements.
As I said three weeks in and I am down to 211lbs and hope to keep up the progress toward my goal of 200lbs.

237577.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone (or just anyone),
    Been on the site for 3 weeks but only just got round to my hellos.
    Having just returned from a cruise (my first and maybe last), I found out that the one true piece of information is that food is KING on this type of holiday. Having a will power of iron I lasted all on 24 hours before I fell into the eating trap.
    When I got back I realised that some discipline had to be taken on my weight, then being around 221lbs. I can’t rally blame it on the holiday as I had plenty of bad habits prior to this.
    This site has given me more than a little encouragement, especially when reading the blogs of other, some great achievements.
    As I said three weeks in and I am down to 211lbs and hope to keep up the progress toward my goal of 200lbs.

237577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    I know EXACTLY what cruises are like with the food! :noway: I took a 7 day cruise almost 10 years ago, and gained a TON of weight! So much so that I had to get off the ship to buy a bigger outfit for one of the dinners! :blushing:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • cliveyboy
    Thanks for your encouragement.
    Seems a very friendly site with lots of "diet"aids. You seem to have had real success so far - I hope I am as disaplined.
    Slipped yesterday with a Chinese meal - so need to et back on track.
    Thanks again. Good Luck
  • cliveyboy
    Thanks for you,re reply and encouragement, I am sure it will help me.
    Slipped last night and had a chinese meal (around 1200 cals) but will tr to get back on track from today.
    I suppose blaming the cruise is lame as I know there is some will power in my body somewhere.
    My next test will be visiting my daughter in Florida (for six weeks) later in the year.
    Once again thanks for the support - good luck with you're goal.
    I will take on board your water tip
    Clive
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Thanks for your encouragement.
    Seems a very friendly site with lots of "diet"aids. You seem to have had real success so far - I hope I am as disaplined.
    Slipped yesterday with a Chinese meal - so need to et back on track.
    Thanks again. Good Luck

Don't worry about all those "diet ads". Without them, the site wouldn't be free like it is. I never even look at them. Just use the message boards and the other stuff that Mike (the creator of MFP) has set up, ok?
    I hear you with the Chinese food! I had some Friday night, because my (second) husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. It was YUMMY, but, it is one of the "worst" things to have when you're trying to lose weight. TONS of salt! But, that's the thing about MFP, we CAN have stuff like that every once in awhile, we just need to be "on track" ,"working with our numbers" most of the time! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.