Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need help...open diary please tell me what I am doing wrong

I tried upping my calories to 1400 since I read on the boards that seems to be a solution. My scale doesn't budge! What the heck? I am on thyroid meds and have that checked every 6 months. I have a very sendentary desk job and I try and get to the gym 4-6 times a week. Any suggestions I would welcome but please don't be mean. I can berate myself and don't need ANY help in that department! Thanks everybody.

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Are you watching your sodium intake? Add it to your diary tracker to help monitor it.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Hey there,

What kind of workouts are you doing and for how long? Did you calculate your BMR? It's possible you need even more than 1400 calories. How long have you been exercising and keeping to 1400 calories? Have you recently started a new workout regime?
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Have you thought about talking to a nutritionist? That might help. They could give you better advice about weight loss and your thyroid.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 71 Member
    My BMR is 1724 so I'm not sure what that means. I need to do some research. It seems like I go from one diet to another so I'm pretty sure I have killed my metabolism.