barcode scanner - any recommendations?

Options
I currently have a blackberry - and when I'm travelling find it very handy to record my daily food intake.

Does anyone use a barcode scanner? If so - which application would you recommend?

thanks!!

Trish

Replies

• a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    Options
    The MFP application has its own scanner, no need to download another app just for scanning.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use MFP's!! It's the best and makes tracking foods so easy!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    Does the blackberry not have a cam that will work with the MFP scanner?
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals....

I don't see the scanner for the blackberry MFP app. Can anyone help?

I saw it on my BF's iPhone today.... but not on my blackberry......

any help appreciated!

Would love it if it were linked to MFP - a friend at work showed me how handy it was with his iPad...... but again - I have the BB.

Trish
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How would you use a non-MFP barcode scanner to record your food?
  • Trishajac
    Options

I don't know - I guess if the barcode is there - the nutritional info is also likely there.....

was hoping it would be linked with all MFP apps....
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

I don't know - I guess if the barcode is there - the nutritional info is also likely there.....

was hoping it would be linked with all MFP apps....
    But if it has a barcode it would also have nutritional info on the package. I'm not seeing the benefit. If you're using a separate scanner you'd have no way to get it into MFP other than manually typing in the info.

You have to use the one that comes with the app.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ElizabethRoad

I agree with you! I didn't know that it (the scanner) actually came with the app.... but I don't believe it is with the blackberry!

I may have to wait until I upgrade my cell phone.....

Trish
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    OK. The barcode scanner is handy but it's not critical. I'm surprised it doesn't come with all the apps, though. Seems odd.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I have emailed the blackberry help to see if the scanner is part of the MFP BB app - and I just don't see it....

:noway:

I also emailed the android help - to see if it is part of it, for sure.....
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Heard back from support - This is the response below:

*******************************************************************************

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. You can find the MyFitnessPal app on google play on the android platforms. The BlackBerry is the "youngest" of our apps, and we haven't had a chance to add all the features in its older "siblings." I can't promise when a scanner feature will be available, but it is a popular request and we definitely have it on our radar.

In the meantime, thanks so much for using the app. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Julie

Thanks to who responded. :flowerforyou:
  • EleenaDXB
    Options
    Hi,

Any udpates on when the app will work on blackberry models? I currently have this on ipad but it would be more convenient to have it on my bb.

Thanks,
  • jimt
    jimt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Any update on a Blackberry barcode scanner please as it would be a great addition.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I changed phones. Now with Samsung Galaxy S111

It has the scanner for barcode reading with MFP. It is very handy - for sure!

T.